When organising a Mumsnet meet up you should take the same basic precautions you would when meeting anyone from the internet - make sure you meet in a public place and that others know where you are going. You can also meet up with other mums on your Mumsnet Local page. Find your Local page here.

London 2012 Xmas Meetup - 1st December

(854 Posts)

Well, the atrocious cunts who usually organise these things have slunk off on the excuse of having too much knitting to do. wink

How Very Dare They.

Get yer arses over here and sign up.

Especially those of you in the first 400 posts.

Yes, YOU!

I need to know numbers ASAP so I know what kind of venue to book.....

GetOrfAKAMrsUsainBolt Fri 02-Nov-12 23:04:27

MrsVam - it would be lovely to meet you. Don't worry about being shy - it is actually quite unnerving meeting everyone, I am sure everyone felt a bit nervous about it. But it was great fun. And it would be great talking plympics to you. grin

MrsChristmasVamos Fri 02-Nov-12 23:14:57

I will consider it. Carefully.

Maybe I could neck a bottle or 2 of 20-20 beforehand coming up on the train. I might be less nervous then. grin

Ack, don't give me that 'everyone's nervous' nonsense. Some of you are absolute babes, I've heard how stunning you are, and so out-going I think I would clock you all and run !

I just haven't got the ability to have that 'I'm a yummy mummy and I know it' attitude. Probably cos I'm not. Used to be, but have put a bit of weight on. sad

It's probably why I'm not sociable in RL. I'm not naturally outgoing or confident and fret about what people think of me, what I look like etc.

I think maybe I need to adopt more of a don't care attitude. I'm fine if I have a dog next to me, or my DCs. But put me on my own in a room full of people and you won't get a squeak out of me.

Stupid, I know.

Mrs Vamos just to pick up on one thing in your post, you're not the only one carrying a bit of extra weight. Honest. Maybe I'll PM you grin

Seriously though, at the Sept meet up which was my first, there were seriously ALL shapes and sizes, all hair colours, all different fashion senses from bohemian to slick corporate to glam-with-7-inch-heels. True, no one showed up in their trackies or anything, but we were all so different that it would have been impossible to judge.

Please come smile I still need to thank you properly for my Limpics name change grin

Oh FFS

MrsV my apologies for pm'ing you multiple times. My iPad is acting up. Therefore bedtime.

MrsChristmasVamos Fri 02-Nov-12 23:36:38

All good, Hearts.

MWAH. xxx

I never used to be this bad. It's got worse as I've got older...the lost confidence etc...

New Year and all that.....wink

I want to come!! smile

SolidGoldYESBROKEMYSPACEBAR Sat 03-Nov-12 16:08:06

I've been to a few and always had a laugh. For some reason the two or three MNers I dislike never go, they seem to live much too far away (either that or someone else has tipped them off that I'm me and they hide...)

Don't be scared, Vamos. I am profoundly unglamorous with a face like yesterday's chip wrapping even after application of makeup.

GetOrfAKAMrsUsainBolt Sat 03-Nov-12 16:56:32

Sorry Mrsvam, when you are very shy it must be annoying when someone speaks like a patronising tosser and says stuff like 'everyone gets nervous'.

Seriously though, it would be great if you could come along. A lot of people meet up in mini groups of 3 or 4 beforehand for a drink dutch courage rather than walking into a room of 40 odd strangers feeling like a twat.

I'v been on a spending spree today... Maybe I will show off my new shoes and
Clothes!! smile

BIWI Sat 03-Nov-12 17:38:43

Vamos - everyone wants to meet everyone else so you will always be welcomed! I have been to loads now cos I'm a bit of a meet up tart and have enjoyed every one. Come!

FrankWippery Sat 03-Nov-12 17:39:44

MrsVam if you don't come I will never talk to you again.

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Sat 03-Nov-12 18:35:18

We must be twins then SolidGold smile.

TandB Sat 03-Nov-12 18:53:08

I've just applied to join the facebook group - my first name has 4 letters and my surname begins with a C for whoever is in charge.

cat
BIWI
BBB
Hully
kungfupannda
SGB
Keema
FrankWippery
Hearts
Crispy
Quintessenial (NotQuint at the mo)
Getorf
Sleepingbunnies

I'd offer to help arrange, but I have no idea where anything is at all in London apart from the station that my train gets into.

MrsChristmasVamos Sun 04-Nov-12 15:50:59

You are all so lovely, I would so love to meet you all.

I really, honestly can't do a meet up this side of Christmas, but maybe in the New Year I could come to one ?

I might need to meet a couple of you beforehand, or there might be some lovely soul who has a house I could stay at (lookin' at you, Frank wink) and -we I could have a few sherbets for dutch courage first ?

You know that old thing though of women who pretend to like someone then turn into cackling bitch-witches once their back is turned ?

I just hope you're all not like that. I get the impression from reports after meet-ups that you're not and it's all really good fun ?

cat Sun 04-Nov-12 15:55:18

So are we up to 13 definates??

cat Sun 04-Nov-12 15:55:33

Can we have a maybe list too?

cat Sun 04-Nov-12 15:56:04

It's catinboots BTW.

I took me boots off.

BIWI Sun 04-Nov-12 16:47:38

MrsVamos - I think you'll find that we're all cackling bitch-witches face-to-face!

MrsChristmasVamos Sun 04-Nov-12 16:53:15

Are you ? Really ? So if you think I'm totally different to what you imagined you'll say to my face "fuckin' 'ell MrsV, you're a bit podgier than I imagined you" or "you're not what I thought you'd look like" or "blimey, you're as socially inept in RL as you are on MN" ?

You won't wait till I've walked away ? grin

BIWI Sun 04-Nov-12 16:54:37

grin

No. We are all absolutely lovely. Face-to-face and afterwards.

But there is a lot of cackling. That's for sure.

And a lot of drinking

Sunnywithachanceofshowers Sun 04-Nov-12 16:57:44

Count me in for 1st December smile

I promised myself I would go to the next one... Even tho OH thinks it's weird to meet a bunch of strangers from the Internet.... smile

bigTillyMint Sun 04-Nov-12 18:00:21

I would like to come but rl is probably going to get right in the way sad Though I might be able to make an afternoon pre-meet-up-meet-up?!

Mintyy Sun 04-Nov-12 18:06:34

hangongafuckingminute! I said I was coming on the fb thing so please put me down. If I start exfoliating and browsing the SimplyBe website tonight and smearing vaseline on all your camera lenses I should be just about presentable by 1st December.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now