When organising a Mumsnet meet up you should take the same basic precautions you would when meeting anyone from the internet - make sure you meet in a public place and that others know where you are going. You can also meet up with other mums on your Mumsnet Local page. Find your Local page here.

Durham / Teeside / Tyne & Wear Meet up and random chat thread.

(895 Posts)
KaraStarbuckThrace Wed 29-Aug-12 21:44:36

Next meet up, Tuesday 4th September.
During the day, either Botanic Gardens in Durham or the Slug and Fiddle near the Gala Theatre in Durham City centre.

Now for some random chat.
DS sang a song about bolognaise today. And DD walked some more. But still prefers crawling and using my nipples as handholds on Mount Starbuck.

I can hold a grudge for a very long time y'know.

I keep remembering things that happened last night. people had cameras. urgh. There was some singing. and some dancing. and a lot of fake 'tache wearing. I feel sorry for the poor sod who had to try and pour me into the taxi. For some reason I decided it would be a good idea to cheer him up with a big hug and a kiss (on the cheek- I wasn't that drunk) don't think it had the desired effect.

Viking I hope J got home ok. I think he escaped before it got too wild. grin

Indith Sat 08-Dec-12 10:39:17

Disgraceful behaviour wink.

DH thinks it is funny. At least he's letting me stay in bed until it is time for bloody football.

I may also have agreed to go ice-skating.

<clutches head>

At least I'm not in til wed. Hopefully it'll all be old news by then.

Indith Sat 08-Dec-12 11:34:38

Where do you go for ice skating? Ds1 has mentioned going, I'm pondering birthday possibilities along those lines.

I think they were talking an open air one in newcastle.

I'm a bit hazy on the details for some reason grin

VikingLady Sat 08-Dec-12 22:00:51

spiffy J was already pretty well oiled, even though he came home early - what had you done to him?! And DD didn't sleep last night, so she was in the bed with me (mainly crying) whilst J tried to sleep on the sofa. He got about 3 hours. And he's got our cold.....

Serves him right for getting a Christmas do. I didn't have one, so why should he? grin

FivesGoldNorks Sat 08-Dec-12 22:04:33

lol spiffy
Hope you all enjoy your cake meet smile I seem to have arranged a leeds drinks night - I did start it off by suggesting coffee, now it;s evolved into cocktails and dancing confused

FivesGoldNorks Sat 08-Dec-12 22:05:40

not that I'm complaining, obviously grin

Indith Sat 08-Dec-12 22:09:52

You MN meet up whore you grin

you are cheating on us???!!!

Have fun envy

Viking that party was actually quite restrained. I don't think anyone ended up in a&e. Or the police station. The only sneaking off together was done by people that the whole office already know are having it off. There wasn't a punch up thanks to one particular person not turning up Neither was there a bottling. There was only minor groping. Nobody sat in a cake. Or flashed their tits. Or ended up in Kings Cross after falling asleep on the train home. Or ended up on our sofa after missing their train completely. Or taken pictures of colleagues' bums. All of which have happened in the past. And no, those incidents weren't all me. grin

We do good parties.

VikingLady Sun 09-Dec-12 22:09:07

grin

Not sure J could have coped with the teething nappies if he had stayed out longer! Strict turns when we are both at home, even if you are ill (as long as it is self inflicted). J has asked if we can not feed V seedy bread....

I would be very interested indeed to know which of those were you. I promise not to tell J..... Come on..... You know you want to tell me....

I may have <ahem> assisted the photographer... I didn't take the pictures but I provided encouragement. We'd been given a disposable camera by comms team as they were running a wanky competition to capture the "future of XXXX."
We took it to the pub and took loads of rude photos. Which we then submitted to the competition. We didn't win. But it was very, very funny.

And now I'm deemed a future leader. God help the organisation.

Tell J I'll give him the low-down on all his new colleagues. I'd be interested to see if he spotted the latest couple who are not having an affair. Oh no. Not them. They are just friends. hmm

don't name them on here though. I'm not exactly incognito and I wouldn't want to be accused of spreading malicious gossip even when it is true

bollocks. Car failed MOT. Can't be fixed til tomorrow. Still going to try and come to the Slug but it might be a flying visit to fit in with school pick up.

On the plus side my post Christmas party apologies have been accepted. grin

FivesGoldNorks Mon 10-Dec-12 13:24:28

Oh no sad

Indith Mon 10-Dec-12 13:27:03

Oh no! Hope you can make it. I MUST remember the sloes. Ours is booked in for Friday. Am crossing all fingers and toes.

£250 just before Christmas is not good, especially as we've done virtually no Christmas or birthday shops yet. Luckily my mother has gone overboard yet again so we were only going to do small things for the dcs anyway.

Indith Mon 10-Dec-12 14:03:20

Ouch, not good.

If it helps we are getting ours the £17 play tent from Ikea, bargain!

The rate they are going they'll be lucky to get a piece of coal each....

< separates children yet again>

<sighs>

Indith Mon 10-Dec-12 15:01:03

Well it would save a lot of money!

KaraStarbuckThrace Mon 10-Dec-12 18:02:30

Yey M is coming with squishy!!!
Sadly she is still dairy free so staying away from puds!
Hope you are still coming Viking as I have a pile of stuff for you to rootle through.

Yay for a squishy! Boo to the dairy free although it does leave more pud for us

I'll be there- I've checked the times for the trains and they are doable. I'm not going on the bus with the gruesome twosome as it takes forever. Might not be til 11ish though as I'll have to go to Newcastle first.

Indith Tue 11-Dec-12 07:25:23

Well since a squishy is coming I think I'll not come. Both my pudding stealers have sore throats and coughs of the horrid lingering sort. The type you send them to nursery with but not the type you have them around newborns with!

OoohTrifle Tue 11-Dec-12 08:35:09

The amount of snot that is pooling around little trifle's lips and chin does nothing for the appetite -cake or not which is clearly serious state of affairs. I think I'll just have to reach for the lemon cake slices and the calpol (for me) today and attempt another meet next year. Am sure I'll be on a fabulous new year cake diet. Enjoy!

sorry you didn't get to come Indith and Trifle. Shall we organise something for new year when we will all need a little cake?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now