This topic is specifically designed for media or other requests for information / help from Mumsnet members. We ask those organisations requesting help here to pay a fee of £30 per request as a contribution to the site (when you've typed in your request, you will automatically be taken to a WorldPay page where you can pay by credit card). Many thanks. NOTE: Mumsnet does not check the content of these requests nor verify any links posted here; we'd like to remind you that it's wise always to be cautious about disclosing any personal data.

Questionnaire not long PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

(8 Posts)
pia3 Fri 14-Mar-14 17:18:20

I’m doing a Child Development GCSE course. My course involves finding research on Childhood illnesses therefore I have to ask a number of parents about their experiences of their children being ill. I’d appreciate it if you are able to fill out my questionnaire, as the feedback would be very helpful for my course.

1.Please tick below the following illnesses your child has ever had? (You can tick more than one)

oChicken Pox
oMeningitis
oMeasles
oTetanus
oMumps

If others please state what the illness was below

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

2. Please tick below what medicines you give to your child when ill? (You can tick more than one)

oIbuprofen
oParacetamol (Calpol)

If other please state what medicines below

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

3.What would you worry most about if your child had the following symptoms? (you can tick more than one)

oPale skin
oVomiting
oRaised temperature
oHeadache
oRash on skin
oDiarrhoea
oRefusing food
4.How would you most likely entertain your sick child (please tick one)

oBooks stories/CDs
oTelevision/DVDs
oHaving friends round
oDrawing
oComputer games
oJigsaws/Lego
oFavourite teddy/comfort blanket

If you entertain your child a different way please state how?

…………………………………………………………………………………………………….............................................

5.Has your child ever been sent home from school/playschool because they’ve been ill?

oYes
oNo

If yes what was the illness your child was suffering from?

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

please reply your answers

whatsinaname01 Fri 14-Mar-14 19:17:43

Hi,
2 children aged 17 & 15
Q1 Both had chickenpox, oldest has had acute appendicitis
Q2 Paracetamol
Q3 The top 3 all together is v bad
Q4 If really bad sleeping in bed, starting to get better watching tv
Q5 Sent home with raised temp, feeling sick

Hope that helps smile

Oh gosh, I forgot, my youngest has also broken his arm several times, once at a soft play centre and twice at school blush

Hi there

3 children, now aged 12, 16 and 18

Q1.All had chickenpox
Q2 paracetamol
Q3 temperature (if very raised); rash
Q4 tv/DVD
Q5 yes, youngest home at the moment with cough, fever, runny eyes. They are a pretty healthy bunch but occasionally off school sick with minor illnesses such as colds or tummy bugs. I think they are all past the common childhood illnesses now.

Good luck smile

pia3 Fri 14-Mar-14 18:54:18

Thank you for all the feedback from everybody, it's really helpful!

HanSolo Fri 14-Mar-14 18:47:17

Both have had chickenpox, none of the others. Both have had ops under GA
Have given paracetamol, ibuprofen and DS had codeine after one of his ops, as the pain was bad (prescribed by hospital)
I would worry most about a rash (my children frequently are pale, have seen many temperatures, they've vomited etc, doesn't worry me. They v. v. rarely get rashes though)
Entertain with stories and lego, playmobil etc.
One has been sent home from school with temperature and vomiting (was a 24-winter bug thing)

You should ace child development if you hang around on MN for any amount of time! grin

Good luck!

BackforGood Fri 14-Mar-14 18:41:17

1 Chickenpox
2. Either/both - depends what I have in
3. It depends - how raised, what sort of rash, etc.
4. Probably TV/DVD/Videao, whilst on the settee with fave teddy
5. Yes Conjunctivitis (and also for accidents - as in broken bones)

FernieB Fri 14-Mar-14 18:36:58

Two kids - both have had chicken pox
I generally give paracetamol
I worry about a temperature most of all
When sick they generally watch TV/films
Yes, one was sent home with a rash

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now