This topic is specifically designed for media or other requests for information / help from Mumsnet members. We ask those organisations requesting help here to pay a fee of £30 per request as a contribution to the site (when you've typed in your request, you will automatically be taken to a WorldPay page where you can pay by credit card). Many thanks. NOTE: Mumsnet does not check the content of these requests nor verify any links posted here; we'd like to remind you that it's wise always to be cautious about disclosing any personal data.

Did you try for years to get pregnant? Help other women like you by contributing to a new fertility campaign!

(1 Post)
MEDIA: Mum29 Mon 16-Sep-13 16:32:45

Hi All,
I’m a freelance writer, working on a fertility awareness-raising campaign and am looking for stories to appear in glossy women’s magazines. I’m looking for mums who’ve had amazing or surprising pregnancy experiences and conceived naturally. For instance:
- You conceived twins or triplets naturally after many years of trying for a baby
- You had a ‘miracle’ baby at Xmas or are expecting a baby this Christmas, after many years of trying
- You were told by doctors that you would never be able to get pregnant, but then you did!
- You tried for a baby for many years, then finally discovered your weight (either being too underweight or overweight) had affected your chances of conception. When you then gained (or lost) weight you suddenly managed to conceive! It could even be that you had an undiagnosed eating disorder.
- After years of trying for a baby, you gave up meat, became vegetarian and then suddenly got pregnant!
- You’d been trying for a baby for years, then tested positive for a Vitamin D deficiency, which is thought to affect chances of conception. As a result, you changed your lifestyle, maybe switching to a more outdoorsy lifestyle or going abroad for more sunshine – and as a result, miraculously conceived!
Do email me on emmaelms@fastmail.fm if any of these scenarios sound like you. Rather specific I know, but we’re aiming to raise awareness of the various factors that can boost conception. This is for a positive feature, which will help other women! I would just need a short phone interview and a photo via email initially (then we may need a quick photo-shoot later on, with childcare provided). Look forward to hearing from you asap.
Many thanks! Emma Elms
Freelance Writer and Editor

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now