Chicken breast & low carb

(5 Posts)
legohouse Tue 22-Oct-13 12:11:20

Thank you Raw- that is good news as thighs/legs are cheaper and i'm on a budget.

RawCoconutMacaroon Mon 21-Oct-13 20:49:03

Breast meat doesn't have enough fat, so not as rich in vitamins - there's nothing wrong with it as such, but for balance you want to be eating all cuts of the animal- on a chicken, the brown meat (thighs, legs), is fattier and has lots more omega 3 fat (a good thing).

legohouse Mon 21-Oct-13 17:11:39

this may be a silly question but why are other cuts better than breast please? I didn't know about this.

RawCoconutMacaroon Fri 18-Oct-13 21:06:29

I guess you are absolutely starving by now grin

I quite often use chicken breast for lunches- pan fry in KerryGold with some herbs, maybe a spring onion or some other bit of veg tossed in the pan with it for a few mins at the end, then slice the breast, arrange it over a big pile of salad leaves, and drizzle over the cooking juices as salad dressing!

I will alternate using butter and coconut oil.

Abouttime Sat 12-Oct-13 15:43:35

I know other cuts are better but I have 2 that need using today. What can I make that is relatively simple & quite quick because I'm bloody hungry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now