ok so if you HAVE to out and you HAVE to have wine

(6 Posts)
snoworneahva Fri 05-Jul-13 20:13:29

Didn't do me any damage - used to run the day after to burn off the energy - but we all react differently. smile

RobotBananas Fri 05-Jul-13 17:22:19

Ah I drank wine when on very low carb, right from the first week too - a bottle of white is only 10g carb IIRC. Some people can and some people can't though, so you'll just have to wait and see if it has much of an effect.

Yama Fri 05-Jul-13 17:15:35

I refrained in the first 2 weeks. Now I have wine most Friday and Saturday nights. Red, of course.

If you do have wine tonight then I would start the 2 week abstinence all over again.

chillybits Fri 05-Jul-13 17:11:48

Oh God really really really ?!

Thanks for replying.

MrsDoomsPatterson Fri 05-Jul-13 15:04:38

I wouldn't have done after a week, eight weeks on I do have the odd glass. You have to think differently with low carbing for it to be a success. Sorry to preach, soda water it is, I'm afraid.

chillybits Fri 05-Jul-13 14:55:38

Am delurking in the low carb world for my first mini crisis! I am exhausted but have to go and meet some people for DH's business tonight. I know if I have a couple of glasses of wine I will perk up and be sparkly enough to make it a good evening and can leave earlyish with good grace. I know if I don't I'll struggle to make the necessary small talk

Have been low carbing for a week and actually enjoying it but what damage will the wine do?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now