Summer Low Carb Bootcamp - The Questions Thread

(507 Posts)
BIWI Mon 29-Apr-13 16:18:52

If you have any questions, just ask them here. From experience, the chat thread moves so quickly, posters' questions often get missed.

Picking up on some that have already been asked today:

Can we eat dairy in Bootcamp?

Yes you can, but be aware that for some people dairy can impede weight loss. Butter is fine - you don't have to worry about that, and yoghurt is apparently better tolerated than milk, cream or cheese.

Cheese is a great low carb food and it's lovely to not have to worry about being able to eat it on the basis of it being a fat.

Milk can become quite carby quite quickly, so if you're having several cups of tea/coffee a day, you need to keep an eye on this. If you can, it's best to have your tea/coffee black - or to substitute cream (double) for the milk.

Cream can be used in cooking (always double, as it has a higher fat content), but again be aware that it might be an issue for you.

The best way to find out if it's a problem for you is to keep a food diary, and then you will be able to see the impact of dairy on your weight loss.

captainmummy Wed 04-Sep-13 13:27:54

That sounds fine Purple.

Do you eat eggs? Cream cheese pancakes are a good meal -1 pancake = 1 egg to 1oz cream cheese , mixed well and fried like a pancake. I use it as a vegetarian meal, wrapped round broccoli or mushrooms, covered in cheese/cream sauce and baked.

Purple2012 Wed 04-Sep-13 21:35:18

I do eat eggs. That sounds lovely thanks.

ImATotJeSuisUneTot Thu 05-Sep-13 19:04:19

I've just made a courgette, mushroom and chorizo frittata type thing. All stuff that needed eating up. Half for tea tonight, half for lunch tomorrow. Yummy.

loopyloou Thu 05-Sep-13 19:50:16

Purple, which recipe books did you get? Are you happy with them?

I now have the India and Neris Idiot Proof recipe book, which isn't bad. Pity they take up pages with desserts including sweetener.

Purple2012 Thu 05-Sep-13 21:01:57

loopy I got them from Amazon. They are the low carb gourmet and the big book of low carb recipes: 365 fast and fabulous dishes for every low carb lifestyle

Both have desserts but not loads. The carb count is at the bottom of each recipe too.

Purple2012 Fri 06-Sep-13 09:17:09

Meant to say. Very happy with the recipe books. There's loads of good meals.

Once I get my head round it all I will post some recipes.

BIWI Fri 06-Sep-13 21:49:59

The only thing about the Low Carb Gourmet that I don't like is how many recipes use artificial sweeteners.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now