One day in Washington DC

(4 Posts)

If you have some evenings free the Fashion Centre at Pentagon City is easily accessible from the Metro and is thus worth a visit. They're open till 9.30pm weekdays.

If the opportunity arises go to the Mall and visit one of the museums that is of interest to you.

BTW the White House and Washington Monument at present are closed to all visitors.

Georgetown itself is also lovely to visit. The Old Town Trolley tour do a green line route that starts at Georgetown.

SconeRhymesWithGone Sun 16-Mar-14 03:21:02

This looks like a possibility, and they suggest starting in Georgetown.

One Day Tour of DC

ShanghaiDiva Sun 16-Mar-14 02:40:15

Lots of fab museums and most are free, so just see the parts you are really interested in and move on! The holocaust museum is excellent.

PepeLePew Sat 15-Mar-14 10:00:27

I'm going for a four day work trip next week and one day of meetings has just been cancelled. So I've got a free day (well, two thirds of a day as I've got a flight at around 6pm) to myself. I don't know anyone there and won't be going back any time soon. Never been before - what would you suggest? I will also have the evenings free - the hotel is in Georgetown. Cinemas? Restaurants where I won't feel odd on my own? Late night shopping?

I assume the central parts are all fairly safe. I'm not freaked out by cities...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now