Booking NYC with a deposit?

(19 Posts)
HolidayArmadillo Sun 02-Mar-14 20:54:29

Looking to book 4 nights in NYC in November, loads of sites to look on but most require you pay for the whole thing up front, anyone know of any reliable sites where you can secure a trip with a deposit before paying the rest off later?

BellaVita Sun 02-Mar-14 20:57:53

Expedia take deposits.

Lighthousekeeping Sun 02-Mar-14 21:00:26

My friend did it online with Thomas Cook and got a great deal.

wannabestressfree Sun 02-Mar-14 21:02:50

Virgin?

HolidayArmadillo Sun 02-Mar-14 21:05:03

Am I doing it wrong? I don't seem to get a deposit option on expedia or Thomas Cook? I can't afford to pay it all off in one go!

HairyPotter Sun 02-Mar-14 21:08:22

Thomas Cook Signature will take a deposit usually. Virgin and Kuoni should do as well.

That's usually the case if you book a package holiday. If its flight only, it's almost always payable in full when you book.

Am envy at New York near Christmas.

wannabestressfree Sun 02-Mar-14 21:11:47

Expedia you get right to the last bit and it gives the option for a deposit smile

Electryone Sun 02-Mar-14 21:12:00

If its a package i.e. flight plus hotel any agent I think should let you pay a deposit, we are like you and couldn't afford to book and pay for our flights up front so have booked flights and 3 nights in a hotel through a local travel agent for beginning of December, deposit was only £200....its for DHs 40th, cant wait!

HolidayArmadillo Sun 02-Mar-14 21:15:02

I might be better going in store I think by the sounds of this. wannabe I've got right up to the page on expedia where it's asking for passenger names and payment details and still no deposit option? Too scared to go any further because although the payment would clear it'll make the bills being paid tomorrow an interesting experience!!

HermioneWeasley Sun 02-Mar-14 21:15:44

Dial a flight take deposits and were brilliantly helpful with me

BellaVita Sun 02-Mar-14 22:00:01

We booked through Expedia for NY and it took a deposit. Maybe they have changed their booking system?

wannabestressfree Sun 02-Mar-14 22:00:39

I love your name op. Try virgin they gave us an excellent deal and we got upgraded smile

BellaVita Sun 02-Mar-14 22:02:37
HolidayArmadillo Sun 02-Mar-14 22:07:55

Unfortunately Virgin don't fly from our local airport but I'll see where the closest is.

I'm glad you've posted that about expedia, I thought I was going mad!!

HolidayArmadillo Sun 02-Mar-14 22:11:11

Have had a look at virgin, super pricey although the hotels look beautiful.

wannabestressfree Sun 02-Mar-14 22:15:27

That must be a recent thing with expedia we used to use them a lot.
It's worth asking Virgin as they have sales and deals on quite frequently

Lighthousekeeping Sun 02-Mar-14 22:18:06

British Airways have good deals. I think you can pay a deposit.

AngieM2 Tue 04-Mar-14 17:07:41

Hi there, we're going to NY and Cancun in October. My NY hotel was through Expedia and was paid upfront (I didn't mind as I had the money and it was a great price). My Cancun hotel was much more expensive and I got this through TravelRepublic for £1 deposit with balance due 4 weeks before and no credit card charges. Typically I'd you want to pay deposit only you would need to book a package with someone like Virgin, Kuoni etc

Christelle2207 Tue 04-Mar-14 17:10:33

Trailfinders will allow deposits if it's a package and they deal with most airlines

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now