Please talk to me about Jordan (the place)

(7 Posts)
bonvivant Wed 26-Feb-14 21:01:41

I have booked flights to Jordan for October and am planning to stay in Amman, Petra, Wadi Rum and Dead Sea. Does that sound OK as a rough itinerary? I wasn't sure re Aqaba - not sure if the snorkelling is up to much there.

Crowler Wed 26-Feb-14 21:52:12

Sounds great - we stayed at the Four Seasons in Amman about 10 years ago and it was amazing/cheap. We also stayed at the Marriott somewhere along the Dead Sea and that was amazing. And, Petra was amazing.

Have fun!

Anaisa Wed 26-Feb-14 21:59:18

I loved Aquaba! Snorkeling admittedly wasn't that impressive, but after smth like 10 days of sand and ruins the Red Sea and a lovely beach was a very welcome change.

dontyouknow Sat 01-Mar-14 14:27:36

I loved Jordan - stayed at the same places as you are planning. The Dead sea is easy to get to from Amman so not sure I would stay there overnight. Jerash (old Roman ruins) is another good day trip fom Amman.

I really liked Aqaba - agree the sea is a welcome change. If you are somewhere up high in the evening (rooftop restaurant) it is really interesting seeing all the lights around you from Israel, across the sea in Egypt and along the coast in Saudi Arabia. I thought the diving in Aqaba was good, so would have thought the snorkalling was OK.

bonvivant Mon 03-Mar-14 22:01:00

Thanks all. I have adjusted my itinerary so we will now be spending a couple of days in Aqaba as we do like snorkelling/ sea etc.

MOSagain Wed 05-Mar-14 07:53:01

In petra you have to visit the cave bar. Its just outside petra as you walk up the hill on the left

bonvivant Wed 05-Mar-14 12:39:57

I think we are staying in that hotel - the Petra Guest House

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now