Hong Kong hotels

(6 Posts)
Dressingdown1 Wed 26-Feb-14 18:31:07

Six of us are going to Hong Kong at Easter, 4 adults, two children (5 and 2). We are looking for a good hotel with a pool, but not too expensive (up to about 1500 HK dollars per room) We don't particularly want breakfast included. We know it's not going to be the best hotel in the best location at that price, but hope we could get something quite naice. We have looked at Hyatt Regency Sha Tin, or the Royal Park, also in Sha Tin.

Does anyone know either hotel, or have any other recommendations please?

ShanghaiDiva Thu 27-Feb-14 12:13:03

Look at the Salisbury hotel it's next to the peninsula hotel and close to the star ferry. It's run by the YMCA and has a great view of the light and laser show, every night at 8pm. Breakfast is not included, but you can use the YMCA pool for free. The corner family rooms are excellent value and by HK standards pretty spacious.

BobbyGentry Thu 27-Feb-14 12:15:29

I second the Salisbury www.ymcahk.org.hk/main_e.html unbeatable for price and location smile

chinadolly Thu 27-Feb-14 21:11:09

I have stayed at the royal park hotel in sha tin twice and would highly recommend it. It is located above a massive shopping centre which has loads of restaurant choices and also a posh supermarket which sells western food! When I stayed, we regularly brought take away from the food court and took it up to our room to eat which I can imagine to be convenient when you have two young children. There is also a mtr station below the shopping centre and a lovely park (with slides and swings!) just outside. The super cute Snoopy land is also located at this shopping centre!

Dressingdown1 Fri 28-Feb-14 17:32:28

Thanks for your help. We will have a look at the Salisbury online, sounds interesting.

mummypower Fri 07-Mar-14 10:02:49

hi went to the royal park at shatin 4 years ago was a wonderful hotel. had two children with us. Room had two double beds. The pool is wonderful and indoors. The hotel attached to a shopping centre with a snoopy world play area and a great roof terrace. Book on the hotels on web site for best deals. We didnt get breakfast so cant comment but there are so many places to eat locally so it is easy. Transport links are good too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now