Where's good to go, no expense spared?

(25 Posts)
greenybaby Mon 14-Oct-13 17:54:24

My husband and I have just moved to Saudi Arabia with our 2 girls who are 2 & 3 years old. As part of our package we get £9000 every 6 months to spend on a holiday (I know we're extremely lucky, but trust me living in saudi isn't a picnic!) anyway I can think of hundreds of places I would like to go, but none of them come across as child friendly. Can anyone out there make some good suggestions????

Bumpiemalumpie Mon 14-Oct-13 17:55:40

Go to the Reethi Rah resort, Maldive. I went three years in a row with three children. Awesome location!!

Hersetta Thu 17-Oct-13 09:58:57

Yep definitely the maldives.

Have a look at Lily beach Resort - Ultra all inclusive. We went there when my daughter was 3. The staff were all fabulous and treated my daughter like a princess - they also do have a kids club which in perfect for little ones.

CluelessNewbie1 Thu 17-Oct-13 10:01:37

Brazil is amazing. Great for combining doing lots and doing nothing on one holiday.

winklewoman Fri 18-Oct-13 13:23:58

Definitely the Maldives, it is a short flight from Saudi. We have taken sons and grandchildren there several times and it is just the best. So safe for the kids and the staff make a huge fuss of them. It is not just for honeymooners.

Goldmandra Fri 18-Oct-13 13:27:48

The Whitsunday Islands in Australia.

Hamilton Island is a lovely place to take children, not least because there are no cars there. There's a lovely fauna park and wallabies roam free all over the island.

Beautiful beaches and pools, trips to other islands by boat, days out on the Great Barrier Reef. I wish I could go back but it's never going to happen.

Shybairns Fri 18-Oct-13 13:29:48

Turtle Beach resort, Barbados

Eastwickwitch Fri 18-Oct-13 16:31:02

5* Mauritius (St Regis, Royal Palm)
Sugar Beach St Lucia
Anguilla
Praslin Seychelles

What a fabulous dilemma.

Aaliyah1 Fri 18-Oct-13 16:53:08

The Oberoi in Mauritius. Amazing and Mauritius is Definatly child friendly as well as being Amazing.

Coolmama Fri 18-Oct-13 17:56:29

Four Seasons in Mauritius is utterly divine - in fact, the Four Seasons anywhere - they have great kids clubs, very family-oriented and absolutely 5-star!

NomDeClavier Fri 18-Oct-13 18:00:16

Mauritius. I swear everyone there just bent over backwards for DS.

cariad73 Wed 23-Oct-13 22:05:25

Second any Four Seasons....great for kids (and adults).

handcream Thu 24-Oct-13 18:06:19

Again Mauritius The Residence Hotel - great kids club. Also Thailand is great - try Ko Samai

flatmum Fri 25-Oct-13 01:35:44

When I was in this kind of position (before I had too many children ....) we took ds1 to the Maldives when he was coming up for 2 - one and only resort with a kids club - was great and definitely child friendly. Pre-kids the best places we went to were the Seychelles and Tanzania on Safari (but that wasnt child-friendly) - the hotel in Praslin had a kids club I think I probably just didn't notice it - amazing place.

Failing that you could easily dispose of that on a 2 week holiday to Orlando and do all the theme parks (tho they are probably a wee bit young yet - we are there now and our 3 year old is not overly impressed with the characters or rides).

Do you have to spend it all on a holiday - can you save it up?

MooseBeTimeForSnow Fri 25-Oct-13 02:51:39

The Datai in Langkawi
Singapore - great weather, fab shopping and LOADS to see and do. Lots of great hotels, like the Marina Bay.

Conrad rangali in the Maldives, went twice in 2 years with the kids as it's so amazing, reef is right on the beach, perfect resort.
Four seasons Koh Samui, breathtaking
Indigo pearl in Phuket, tucked away in a quiet corner of a busy island but enough beach restaurants to keep you busy
Singapore is perfect, combine it with beach time in Bali, Malaysia or Thailand ... Or temples in siem reap which is touristy now but still breathtaking
I would have loved to do India (Jaipur, Agra and Delhi) with the kids while we lived in the region but dd2 was too little I feel.

LifeTooShort Fri 22-Nov-13 22:16:36

Four Seasons Mauritus. Best place on earth. Plenty of relaxation time for adults and they treat the kids like royalty.

BecauseIsaidS0 Sat 07-Dec-13 20:54:00

Maafushivaru in the Maldives.

TravelLocal Mon 09-Dec-13 10:50:27

Crikey, that does sound lucky....

I have two kids of about the same age and they enjoyed Malaysia. The staff at the hotels went out of their way to be helpful, and often entertained the children for ages - lovely to see.

All kids are different, but my two would probably be most interested in wildlife, and then the beach. Thailand and Sri Lanka are both good for wildlife and are child friendly destinations.

Chewbecca Sun 29-Dec-13 17:26:19

A luxury cruise (not the massive mass market ships) might be a good bet?

What about a private tour then a beach break? We are doing a china tour this year for a week then onto koh samui for a week. My dad's are 9 and 4

HRHwheezing Sun 29-Dec-13 18:19:47

Le saint German Mauritius
But any Mauritius really.
Safari in South Africa

WholeNutt Thu 30-Jan-14 13:28:50

Another vote for the Maldives not too long a flight from Saudi, get a water villa kick back a relax!

SnowBells Thu 30-Jan-14 20:06:32

Botswana. Best (and most exclusive) for Safari Holidays.

MillyMollyMama Fri 31-Jan-14 00:33:15

Child friendly poses bigger problems. Whilst safaris are great, they would not be so easy with a 2 and 3 year old. All the ideas for beach holidays in the Indian Ocean sound great. In the summer all the Saudis come to the Uk so you need to find somewhere to go to escape the blistering heat. Could you go somewhere like Cape Cod in the USA and hire a beach house? Or what about the South of France? You could do a fly cruise in the Med, although you need to be sure it is your sort of holiday. Children's clubs available though. Summer is low season in the Caribbean so there would be deals at fantastic hotels. We loved Little Dix on Virgin Gorda. I would go to a hotel that is wonderful and have a really relaxing time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now