Virgin Holidays Twilight check-in at Gatwick

(7 Posts)
CleanHankie Sun 13-Oct-13 12:50:34

Not sure if you still need the answer to this but we checked-in online, dropped bags off at Twilight check-in then just had to go straight to the gate the morning of our flight. No queue at Twilight when we arrived at 6.30ish which is why we bothered dropping the bags then.

Euphemia Tue 01-Oct-13 07:09:32

We're flying in from Glasgow so I don't want dirty knickers on the Orlando flight. smile

I'll do online check-in the day before if I can (DD is 11) and baggage drop on the morning of the flight.

We're staying at the Hilton too. smile

elizabethsmum Mon 30-Sep-13 22:04:25

*hth!!

ps- don't know if you can do it with online check in or not?? we couldn't check in on line as we were travelling with infants and it wasn't possible to do it.

elizabethsmum Mon 30-Sep-13 22:03:05

Hi- we have done this last year. Yes you check your baggage in at the twilight check-in and get your boarding cards etc, just like normal check-in. the next morning you simply go straight through to security with your hand luggage. it was much less hassle for us to get that bit out of the way the night before as we were travelling long haul with three small children. we stayed in the holiday inn nearby with parking on-site and simply had a hold-all of overnight things which we shoved in the car the next morning before getting on the hoppa bus to the terminal. huh

Euphemia Sun 29-Sep-13 19:44:28

I've read that - doesn't mention baggage. It implies you won't have baggage when you turn up to board, though. Not very clear!

From VAs website:-

"Available at Gatwick between 5pm - 9pm the day before you fly.

Please note that everyone in your party will need to be present with their documentation for this option. Then turn up 50 minutes before boarding the next day with your boarding pass. It's that easy".

Euphemia Sun 29-Sep-13 17:37:01

Do you check your luggage in too, or do that at baggage drop-off next day?

If I check in online do I then just turn up with baggage at drop-off on the day?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now