Las Vegas or New York?

(9 Posts)
leander Sun 22-Sep-13 18:11:23

Well my 40th is fast approaching and a trip to vegas with girlfriends was the plan, but one one by one theyre dropping out due to cash, family, work commitments, so its now going to be me and dh.I would still love to go to Vegas but not sure if dh would enjoy it as much as I would.I know its for my birthday but we would both love New york. It has to be school holidays due to childcare so we are looking at mid April, any pros and cons for either places ...Thanks .

crypes Sun 22-Sep-13 18:17:52

I went to Las Vegas this August and it was fabulous, I now want to go to New York, as not done that yet. Las Vegas in April is good idea as it won't be too hot. Las Vegas is brilliant for shows, absolutely fantastic, great for eating out, loads and loads of choice, and brilliant for shopping and oh yea gambling. It's very very safe and there were lots if couples on honeymoon and getting married.it can be very romantic , it's fun and lots to do as a couple.

newpup Sun 22-Sep-13 18:37:41

I have not been to Las Vegas but DH and I had a wonderful trip there a couple of years ago. It was the first time we had flown away from the DDs but we had a ball. New York was exciting, romantic, fun and I would go back in a heart beat! We went in April and expected it to be warm but not too hot, in fact they had a heatwave and it was very hot!! We had to buy a few new things to wear as it was way too hot for the spring things I took with me. We stayed in The London which I can highly recommend, modern, luxurious, good location. I have stayed in The Waldorf too, which is beautiful and full of old world charm.

Would be a great choice for a couples getaway! smile

newpup Sun 22-Sep-13 18:38:39

Sorry that should say.... have not been to Las Vegas but DH and I had a wonderful trip to NEW YORK sorry!

I have been to New York twice and Vegas once and it's a no contest for me.

New York is fabulous but Vegas left me utterly cold. I was expecting glitz and glamour but it felt like a cross between The Trafford Centre, Blackpool and Gala Bingo to me! I appreciate I am often a lone voice though and others love it.

BeachComeRainOrShine Sun 22-Sep-13 18:48:10

I'm with fanoftheinvisibleman, couldn't have described Vegas better. My dh and I did both this year, really wish we hadn't bothered with Vegas I hated it but love, love, loved new York.

teaandbourbons Sun 22-Sep-13 18:51:45

Been to both and there's no comparison. Vegas is like Blackpool on speed. We stayed in the Bellagio and even that was tacky. New York is amazing, so much to see and do. It's my favourite city by far.

Bigwuss Sun 22-Sep-13 19:01:11

I love New York, so much to do, but it depends what you want out of a holiday. Given a choice I would be going to New York.

Vegas is more compact and you can get everywhere easily. You also get the option to visit the grand canyon, Hoover Damn, lake mead at vegas so it doesn't have to be all city.

leander Sun 22-Sep-13 19:30:42

Thanks, looks like New York is the definite favourite, I think we will probably do New York and I will try and persuade the girls to do Vegas in the future.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now