Honeymoon in Southern Africa

(6 Posts)
chicaguapa Fri 06-Sep-13 13:47:00

Have you considered Lake Malawi? It's beautiful there and you're supporting the local economy.

But if I was getting married in South Africa, I'd go to the Okavango Delta, Botswana on my honeymoon. A ridicuously relaxing place. I love it there! But there's no beach.

We went to the Comoros when I was 16 and I loved it. No idea what is like now nearly 20 years later though.

AFishWithoutABicycle Thu 05-Sep-13 10:51:11

You can see penguins on the beach in South Africa (not sure it gets better than that).

Maldives (four seasons) -awesome its like being in the film finding nemo.
Mauritius - (four seasons) was okay

I'd do safari but that's me.

wearingatinhat Thu 05-Sep-13 10:46:46

We stayed at One and only Touessrok (sp?) which was perfect for our honeymoon following a week in Cape Town. It has several beaches, nearly all rooms have a sea view as standard and it has its own private islands. We also did exchange dining at its sister hotel St Geran, which had a more upmarket feel but was not necessarily any better situated.

ketchupontoast Wed 28-Aug-13 20:58:49

A lot of people in South Africa rave about Mozambique and the beaches they have there. I have never been but have had recommendations many times.

ChuffMuffin Tue 13-Aug-13 14:18:37

I'm getting married in South Africa next year and we'll be staying there for a few weeks afterwards after the honeymoon. We're looking for somewhere nearish where we can go on honeymoon for a beach holiday.. just a week of sun, sea, sand and relaxation really. Been looking at Comoros, Mauritius, Seychelles and Reunion really. Anyone have any experiences or suggestions? Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now