48 hours in Singapore?

(6 Posts)
putyourhatonsweetie Sat 27-Jul-13 09:25:56

Hello wise ones,
what are you tips for 48 hours in Singapore with two little ones aged 3 and 7....? I love exploring and am pretty well travelled, but monkeys will be jet lagged so will need to be kind.

Hmmm what else, single ticket for zoo or park hopper? I love to shop but dh doesn't....we like to eat but not gourmet...

Thanks xx

Day zoo and then night zoo are fantastic.
We have been a few times on way to or from Australia and will be there again in Aug. The zoo is a must and the night zoo is a real experience. You can do both on the same day - after day zoo closes we eat and watch the show in the restaurant area and then move on to the night zoo.
Enjoy!

putyourhatonsweetie Sat 27-Jul-13 10:13:47

Ooh thanks, this is a stop off for us on oz trip as well, a rare chance as we normally have to suck it up and go straight through, I a ridiculously excited.

Love the idea of the night zoo, so pleased it comes recommended.

Thanks again

Essexgirlupnorth Sat 27-Jul-13 10:17:06

Yes we had a similar amount of time and did the zoo both day and night. There is a water play bit in the normal zoo which looked fab for kids.

GrumpyKat Fri 09-Aug-13 20:44:19

We loved the night zoo too. And the eating. Oh, the eating.......
Don't eat anywhere but food courts and hawker centres in Sin, they're amazing and so cheap.
Next year we're going to stay on Sentosa and might go to Universal studios, what do you think?

specialsubject Sun 11-Aug-13 16:43:17

Fountain of Wealth in the Suntec centre - touch the water is fun. Koi pool nearby. Lots of good food in the food court too (The one up one of the corridors, not the overpriced places round the fountain)

Botanic Garden - another good food court (sorry if I am appearing food-obsessed but it is one of the wonders of Singapore!)

there are some nice coastal parks if you don't fancy the madness of Sentosa.

Little India for a wander.

zoo is a good hour's travel from the usual accommodation areas so be prepared for that. But it is fantastic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now