Australia trip flight advice please?

(9 Posts)
centralmum Wed 24-Jul-13 21:50:51

Look at jet star for internal flights.

Mutley77 Tue 23-Jul-13 15:51:20

It is worth booking early in my experience as flights are cheapest then. So the flights are usually available a year in advance.

Skyscanner will help you compare prices.

Internal flights may be cheaper purchased separately. There is a no frills airline called tiger airways which would be worth a look.

Wilso00 Tue 23-Jul-13 15:38:05

about to go on a flight with a 3yr old and 5yr old any suggestions of tried and tested methods of keeping them in their seats and entertained!

MineOrk Sat 13-Jul-13 10:25:42

Wow thanks for all the advice. We are going in April, most likely. I didn't really expect any discounts, more hopeful as otherwise we may have to cut down who goes. We are looking to use internal flights too so thanks for some tips there.

No discounts will apply re family size. What time of year are you thinking of travelling as well, that will have some bearing. August for instance is cheaper than peak season i.e December.

I would also look at what Singapore Airlines are offering fares wise to Sydney as well as BA and Quantas.

Internal flights in Australia are not as reasonably priced as they once were. Worth looking at Virgin Blue's website though re internal flight in Australia.

kelly14 Fri 12-Jul-13 23:28:40

oh and yes I would look into internal flight discount (emirates and quantas now linked)
it cost us about $1000 for 3 adults and my dd to fly perth to cairns, but that was easter.

notsochic Fri 12-Jul-13 23:26:49

We always fly Singapore. Am not a fan of Qantas/BA

kelly14 Fri 12-Jul-13 23:24:47

No you will not receive any discount!!!!!

I only fly with emirates (not to say they are the best) but having been flying with them solidly for last 10 years (parents live in Dubai and I live d in Sydney) it made sense as I collected so many skywards miles I was able to often upgrade to business class. (although this has gt a lot harder in recent times!!!!)

just flew back from Brisbane business class in april with dd and was on an older style plane which was disappointing compared to the business in A380.

I would go A380 emirates as the economy even is good. But they are not cheap!
we flew Gatwick - Dubai to pick up parents- perth and then Brisbane - Dubai - Gatwick and was about £1600 for me and dd (8) in march for a month.

MineOrk Fri 12-Jul-13 17:05:46

Hi I am looking for some advice on an Australia trip next year, flying via Sydney. We are a family of six but DC1 will count as an adult. Does any airline offer discounts/ deals for this family size or booking year in advance? Any recommendations as to airline apart from that? Is the Quantas extra domestic flight add on really good in terms of savings?

Basically any tips and suggestions in this regard gratefully taken.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now