Antigua / Barbados in June?

(13 Posts)
givemeaclue Fri 19-Apr-13 22:38:02

You will love it, have a wonderful time, it is fab

PlumBear Fri 19-Apr-13 22:10:01

Just booked a 12 day all inclusive stay in blue waters, Antigua-so excited!! Ta for suggestions

wordfactory Thu 18-Apr-13 18:40:46

I haven't Plum, only ever in April.

PlumBear Thu 18-Apr-13 16:59:33

Hmm, ok. Thanks, will have a think.

givemeaclue Thu 18-Apr-13 16:54:41

I went to Grenada in June rainy season. It rained heavily for a couple hours a day, intermittently. Was hot and sunny in between

PlumBear Thu 18-Apr-13 16:49:40

Have you been in May/June time, word? I know there's more rain at that time of year, but read somewhere that Antigua/Barbados get much less compared to St lucia, for example.

Can cope with short, heavy bursts of rain, but would be pretty gutted if it rained heavily all holiday.

wordfactory Thu 18-Apr-13 10:47:32

Antigua is beautiful.

But do be aware that the humidity and rain starts increasing in May and June. Be prepared.

PlumBear Thu 18-Apr-13 10:45:49

Think we'll go all inclusive then. So excited!! Thanks for info

givemeaclue Wed 17-Apr-13 16:56:58

Hi, it prob is more expensive eating out, plus taxi to get these and back this was pre dc I would go all inc now! We were also only there one week, for two would have good all inc. Antigua beautiful, 365 beaches!

PlumBear Wed 17-Apr-13 15:36:04

Thanks giveme, that's really helpful.

Tbh, I am leaning towards Antigua. Blue waters looks amazing - have seen some good all inclusive deals. Did you find it expensive eating out at different restaurants? That's what we'd prefer to do tbh, but we're trying to keep costs down.

givemeaclue Wed 17-Apr-13 08:26:19

You will have a fab time, that should have said.

givemeaclue Wed 17-Apr-13 08:25:28

Love both of those islands, Antigua is more picturesque. Expect some rain at that time but sunshine in between showers. We stayed blue waters hotel n Antigua, we didn't go all inclusive as we like trying different restaurants but most other people were all incso uthat option is available. A lovely hotel and not many children, booked with virgin.

Stayed at savannah in Barbados,smaller inter without all inc option in less picturesque area but we liked it.

Lots to see and do on both islands you yo less have a fab time, budget looks realistic. Can't comment on hurricane possibility, I thought the hurricane season started later.

PlumBear Tue 16-Apr-13 13:22:04

Anyone been? What's the weather like? Hoping to go with DH for 2 weeks around the start of June. Know June is the start of hurricane season, but have read that Antigua/Barbados are the least affected of all the islands.

Also, any recommendations for hotels? Is all inclusive a good idea? Budget around 4/4.5k

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now