Have you been to Disney recently?

(12 Posts)

carried it's a water park that is part of legoland, see here

florida.legoland.com/en/LEGOLAND-WATER-PARK/LEGOLAND-Water-Park/LEGOLAND-Water-Park/

They had different rides to the windsor one, we've been there as well, a couple of years ago. You can take a look at the sites and compare. For instance, there is no atlantis submarine ride. There are 4 mini coasters, a dragon one in kingdoms, a flying one in lego city, a dinosaur in explorers, and in technic and kind of car one. There is a laser ride in a pyramid section where you shoot targets, plus other rides too. I just found it a lot of fun, maybe as DS was a little older. No waiting times, no stress, but that may have been the time of year.

MK was just busy for us, yes some nice things, but gosh it was so crowded. We would have gone on maybe 4 or 5 rides all day. We stayed late for the light show and fireworks which was lovely, but I'm not sure I'd go back there in a hurry. They were very efficient clearing everyone on the mono rail too, so even though you're at the park until 10.30ish, it's quick to get out, then we grabbed a taxi from the epcot transit centre. It was $25 back to our hotel.

Groovee Tue 16-Apr-13 07:36:33

We're staying in a Villa. If I was choosing a hotel I'd probably go back to Port Orleans Riverside.

carriedawayannie Mon 15-Apr-13 19:13:14

Was it this water park HerRoyalNotness?

Is legoland similar to Legoland Windsor? We have annual passes to Legoland windsor so if its quite similar it might not be worth it for us.

Was magical kingdom magical or just overcrowded or busy?

We just went and found it exhausting. My DS is almost 6yo. I ended up buying a $20 stroller for him from target and it went much better after that. Magic Kingdom was heaving! We spent a long time walki g around and not a lot of rides really. We also went to seaworld which we loved and legoland. I highly recommend legoland. My son was able to go on every ride. There are 4 mini coasters including one where you hang underneath, (did those 3x each) which were great fun and then other rides too. We didn't wait more than 15mins and some were only a 5min wait. There is also a water park there too that is a bit extra. I got a code to get his ticket free by googling. It is an hour bus ride from Orlando but there is a shuttle that leave from the premium outlets for $5pp.

carriedawayannie Mon 15-Apr-13 18:54:24

Thanks for all the advice, I really appreciate the replies.

We are thinking of going Nov 2014 for two weeks. There are two adults and two children.

DD1 will be 5 when we fly out but 6 when we fly back.
DD2 will be 2 when we fly out but 3 when we fly back ..

Its birthday week!

I want to do Disney, Seaworld and a water park.

I think we would skip Universal IoA because dd's are so young.

carriedawayannie Mon 15-Apr-13 18:45:17

Thanks Groovee - hope you have a fantastic time! Very envy] !! grin

I saw on another thread you have chosen allocation on arrival, is that for a hotel?

Groovee Sun 14-Apr-13 09:45:54

We're going in 11 weeks time and have paid £3900 for a villa, car hire and flights.

Tickets - Disney Ultimates/Universal 2 park ones £1420 due to our children both being over 10.

We're taking around $3500 for the 2 weeks.

MOSagain Sat 13-Apr-13 15:17:37

Have a look at www.loyaltyusa.com a company owned and managed by an english lady who now lives out in Kissimmee. She only manages luxury properties within 4 miles of Disney. Most have pools and many have gamesrooms.
This is one of their properties http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/usa/F1895.htm which you could get from £425 to 550 pw depending on the time of year. It is a 5 minute drive to World drive

mummymeister Sat 13-Apr-13 14:44:37

We flew premium economy on BA into Miami and out of Orlando last time, and just orlando the time before that so it was a bit pricier. we stayed in this villa here it was immaculate and 20 mins from house to mouse so perfect distance. it has 5 bedrooms and a huge south facing pool and jacuzzi looking over a lake. it was £550 a week. we spent less than expecting to by eating breakfast at home most days and eating in most evenings which suits us. went to the supermarket publix and stocked up on cookies, fruit, sandwiches etc. as long as you dont take in trolleys full of food disney doesnt mind. park tickets are what they are within a couple of pounds its not worth doing too much shopping around. you just have to decide what you want to do. we take ours out of school for a week and this makes it a bit quieter.

MOSagain Sat 13-Apr-13 13:44:38

we go most summers.
I've found flights with BA into Tampa much cheaper. Last year we saved over £1,200 by flying there instead of Orlando. (for 6 of us)

Villa anything from £400 pw to £575 pw for a decent 3 - 4 bed with private pool a few miles from Disney (you will get good discounts if you go outside main school hols).

Park tickets will depend on how many days and which parks. We bought 'bundle of fun'/flex tickets for Universal/IOA/Seaworld/Aquatica and think that was just over £1,000 for 6 of us. 6 of us one day into a Disney park was around $500.

When are you thinking of going, how long for and how many and which parks are you thinking of? You'll get a better guesstimate then.

carriedawayannie Sat 13-Apr-13 10:51:44

I'm costing for a villa by the way

carriedawayannie Sat 13-Apr-13 10:23:20

How much did the holiday cost?
How much were your park tickets?
How much spending money did you take?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now