A month in the sun

(9 Posts)
sashh Mon 15-Apr-13 07:06:58

South America. It will be summer there and it is a really friendly place (well the countries I've been to) and they love children.

Salbertina Sun 14-Apr-13 11:29:31

South africa?

BeckAndCall Tue 09-Apr-13 08:23:11

At the risk of being too protective, would the Canaries do? Only 4 hours away and always warm....

Megnic Tue 09-Apr-13 08:21:37

You're right, going to have a rethink, maybe leave it another year until he's stronger - thanks all.

mummymeister Sat 30-Mar-13 10:17:08

tbh i wouldnt take such a small child for such a long time to a malarial area. it is just too risky and too worrying. there are so many other lovely warm places in the world where malaria and hygiene arent risky i cant understand going to somewhere that it is when they are so small.

specialsubject Fri 29-Mar-13 18:08:27

remember you need 24/7 DEET to reduce chance of dengue etc.

Megnic Fri 29-Mar-13 17:15:58

thanks Arabella I'll look into it. Anywhere in particular in Kerala? I've been to Vakala but it was quite touristy, would like somewhere a little more off the beaten track. I'll investigate. I'll also look in to anti malarials but would rather not give him anything this strong, I'd rather go somewhere else where it is not needed.

ArabellaBeaumaris Fri 29-Mar-13 11:44:24

Jabs won't protect against malaria, you would need to take anti malarials.

I haven't been to Goa, but what about Kerala? Some lovely laid-back beaches there. We took DD when she was 2 & had a great time. No anti-malarials needed.

Megnic Fri 29-Mar-13 11:28:01

I would like to take my husband and baby boy away next Dec/Jan or Feb for a month in the sun. I was thinking about a quieter more family part of Goa (he will be 18 months old). I would like to rent an apartment or small house/apartment to make it cheaper. Is Goa a silly idea (malaria) - he will have had all his jabs. Do you have any areas you can recommend. Away from party crowd but with enough going on to keep it interesting. If Goa is not ideal can anyone suggest a good getaway for a short and safe break in the sunshine.
Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now