California itinerary

(9 Posts)
clam Wed 13-Feb-13 08:26:39

Jealous. Did something very similar last summer. Was fantastic.

mumblechum1 Mon 11-Feb-13 10:45:57

We're going for 21 nights in August but being very lazy and just splitting the time between Santa Barbara and Santa Ynez.

We did a road trip just over a year ago so don't feel we have to do too much travelling this time, tho' we may hop onto a helicopter in LA to look at the Grand Canyon at some point.

I love California, everything's really easy and designed for convenience and comfort iykwim. would love to buy a little place in Santa Barbara one of these days!

RedNats5 Mon 11-Feb-13 10:33:48

We so nearly went to San Diego but it just added that bit too much onto the trip and would have had too many long driving days in a row for the kids.
Another time maybe:-) although we will do seaworld for a day from Huntington Beach.

Am busily reading all the guidebooks now in excitement. It will also be my birthday the day we move from Santa Monica to anaheim:-)

PoppyWearer Thu 07-Feb-13 20:46:49

Another envy.

shesariver Thu 07-Feb-13 20:46:15

Actually meant to say we would have loved to go to Yosemite to but no time.

shesariver Thu 07-Feb-13 20:45:12

hello there, we've ended up talking on those threads smile

21 nights, thats brilliant! We are 16 but 2 of them are in New York, as our plane flies there first from Glasgow.

PandaNot Thu 07-Feb-13 14:20:50

V jealous, that's a fab trip! I would spend a couple of days in San Diego though, I loved it there and there's plenty to do and see. Much nicer than LA.

toughdecisions Thu 07-Feb-13 14:18:56

envy

RedNats5 Thu 07-Feb-13 13:13:29

Hi
I've been posting in the various California threads on here and have received some excellent tips and advice. I thought I would post our full itinerary for our trip in August if anyone wants to have a look. We are me, husband, boy 8, girl nearly 7, girl 4.

Fly into SFO
3 nights SF at fishermans wharf
3 nights Yosemite
2 nights monterey
1 night pismo beach
2 nights santa Monica
3 nights anaheim
Then husband has to go on a work conference for 4 days (reason for the trip) so I'm going to Hyatt regency Huntington Beach with the kids then he will join us there for 3 nights.
Hoping to visit seaworld San Diego from here.

So in total it's 21 nights.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now