Holiday Destinations Feb / March when Pregnant

(6 Posts)
Keavs Thu 17-Jan-13 12:10:16

Thanks for the info... Do you think Thailand is safe when pregnant? Spoke to the Travel Nurse and she said there is a "low to no risk of malaria" so it was at my own risk... However, I have been to Thailand a few times now and never took any anti-malaria tablets or had any problems.

We are thinking of Koh Samui as it is easy in terms of travelling (just a direct flight from Bangkok). Any advice? Thanks!

JetlagandMayhem Tue 15-Jan-13 15:54:37

I actually live in Hong Kong so didn't book through UK operator. I got a package through Cathay pacific holidays which included Singapore Airlines flights and the Anantara hotel in the Maldives.
I spend quite a lot of time visiting Thailand so if you want any tips for there, let me know. The Maldives is stunning and truly nothing can compare but Thailand is a lot cheaper and you'll always have a great time..

Keavs Sun 13-Jan-13 17:01:12

Thanks so much for the tips!! This is our first child... so we are veeeeeery much up for being utterly selfish on our last child-free hol... I will check out Hurghada and the Maldives... JetlagandMahem - who did you book the Maldives with?

Have also been looking at Thailand too.

JetlagandMayhem Sun 13-Jan-13 14:52:23

If you don't have any other kids, my top tip would be to take yourself to the most child unfriendly, completely relaxing and quiet hotel/resort possible!! Once the baby comes, your holidays may be a bit difficult.
We got a good deal and went to the Maldives when I was 25 weeks pregnant. We stayed at the Anantara which was beautiful and accessible by speedboat from Male.

MOSagain Sun 13-Jan-13 14:30:49

We've just booked to go to Hurghada for a week All inclusive in February. Booked through Voyager Travel and they had some great deals from £299 pp. The hotel we are going to is on a lovely beach and has several swimming pools and you'll be guaranteed sunshine then

Keavs Sun 13-Jan-13 09:39:24

Any advice / recommendations on holiday destinations last week of Feb / beginning of March when pregnant? Looking for a beach break and some sunshine.

Will be about 26 weeks pregnant. Very keen to get a little break in before our baby is born in June.

Thanks all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now