Anyone else got a Disney Florida trip planned? Want to get excited together and share plans?

(999 Posts)
PaintingTheFlowersRed Sun 30-Sep-12 19:03:03

We are off to DisneyWorld next year and I am already really excited about it. Anyone else? I'd love to compare notes on what you are doing to prepare. I'm starting to think about how to do a big surprise for the DC when we tell them we are going.

DrHolmes Sat 21-Sep-13 09:29:12

Im going next Tues -1st Oct, Oh my god I cannot wait! Just me and my bf - he has never been before. I have but last time was 10 years ago.
Not planned an itinerary or started to pack, eek.

I am 'cited!

Oh, thinking of doing Cirque de Solei or Blu man group. Which is better?

Got the big passport ticket thing from Attraction Tickets so don't need to worry about buying tickets unless we want to go to Kennedy Space Centre or the Haloween Horror night.
My bf's friends also going and overlap a night of their holiday with ours so we will meet them and do the haloween night together I think.

10 day so really will have to squeeze a lot in.
Staying in Hilton Orlando on Destination Parkway - any stayed there?

Groovee Sat 21-Sep-13 20:33:12

We did Blue Man Group this summer, I loved it.

Trazzletoes Sun 22-Sep-13 09:33:08

Can I just ask... If you were going and were self-catering so no need to eat out unless it was really worth it and no meal plans etc... And so only maybe having one or two evening meals out... Where would you eat?

Groovee Sun 22-Sep-13 17:44:41

We ate at Sweet Tomatoes, Longhorns, Golden Corral, Bob Evans, IHOP, Applebee's, Chili's, Steak and Shake.

We also got Take away and took the villa from Bob Evans and the pizza place at the entrance to our community.

DrHolmes Wed 25-Sep-13 18:34:17

Typical, I am ill a few days before we fly sad Dr wouldnt give me antibiotics. Urghhhhh why meeee?!!!

Groovee Wed 25-Sep-13 21:06:48

Awww no, hope you get well soon x

newfavouritething Fri 27-Sep-13 15:40:16

Boo about the illness, are you any better today? I've just had a week of ear infection nausea dizzy, it's been hell. We're not holidaying until next year, but it has made me think about flying - I had altitude sickness last time we flew, but luckily only on the return flight.

newfavouritething Fri 27-Sep-13 15:44:30

And about the eating out - I'd do more than a couple of meals out if I were you - doesn't have to be anywhere flash, it's cheap and there's so much choice - I'd add a Chinese buffet to the list that Groovee gave you above, and possibly a Red Lobster/Angels seafood.

newfavouritething Fri 27-Sep-13 15:49:33

If anybody is thinking of buying tickets for theme parks for this year or for next, attraction tickets direct are giving away 14 day LEGOLAND tickets with any tickets bought before the end of September. They'll also price match (and knock a couple of pounds off) prices found elsewhere. Also you only need to pay a £10 per person deposit, and pay the balance 4 weeks before departure, hope this helps grin

DrHolmes Fri 27-Sep-13 19:14:24

I am quite a bit better today thanks smile By Tues when we fly I will be 100% I should think. Just hope my bf doesn't get it from me.
Excited now. I have been working from home last few days and end of today everyone was sending me messages of "have a great hol" etc etc and now I am SO excited! Woooooooooo

DrHolmes Sat 28-Sep-13 11:02:26

Has anyone done Sleuth's murder mystery dinner show on -Drive?

Groovee Sun 29-Sep-13 15:56:49

Never been Dr Holmes. Favourite, what chinese buffet would you recommend? The only chinese we got take away from was Bamboo Wok at Berry Town Centre.

DrHolmes Sun 29-Sep-13 23:35:16

2 more sleeps! Tomorrow we drive to Edinburgh as early morning flight on Tues. Eeeek! Only half packed!

theladylovescupcakes Mon 30-Sep-13 21:25:14

Hi there, we're off soon, but stressing over this international driving permit thingy. Apparently at the start of the year we needed one to drive in Florida, but the governor(or someone else important) changed their mind in April, so now it's not needed. DH still thinks we should get one, just to be safe. What do you think? Running out of time in reality. What about you folks who've been recently, any problems with this? Thanks. Oh, and eeek! Less than a fortnight to go!!!

mummytime Mon 30-Sep-13 21:41:00

The thing with the international driving permit was that the requirement to have one broke international law. So as far as I know you don't need one, you could post on the DIBB board.

theladylovescupcakes Mon 30-Sep-13 22:11:14

Thanks mummy, will just nip over there.

newfavouritething Mon 30-Sep-13 22:35:06

You don't need an IDP. Think you can get one from the Post Office though if you're really worried. It will translate your driving licence into English. Helpful!

newfavouritething Mon 30-Sep-13 22:37:44

And Groovee, we went to a few, they're everywhere, and cheap/fast. I liked the one beyond the Old Town on 192 (assuming you're driving from Disney etc). It was quite new and did good sushi.

newfavouritething Mon 30-Sep-13 22:38:25

And have fun Dr Holmes!

DrHolmes Tue 01-Oct-13 05:14:33

Thank you new!! I am up waiting on taxi. WOO excited. Hehe

Groovee Tue 01-Oct-13 06:32:00

Have fun Dr Holmes.

surgicalwidow Thu 03-Oct-13 13:14:54

We're just beginning to plan a holiday in Florida next May - DH is going to a conference in Orlando so I'm going to fly over, and meet him afterwards with DD who will be 16 months. We initially weren't planning to go to DisneyWorld but now I think that we would regret it if we didn't! We're planning to just spend a day in Magic Kingdom to soak up the atmosphere really. DH and I have both been as kids; I know that DD won't remember it, but it would be lovely to have the photos to look back on - she might not get the chance to go again ever! Has anyone gone with a baba that young? Any tips? So excited about it now! We're then heading to Naples for some beach and sun smile

Tobagostreet Thu 03-Oct-13 13:18:44

I'm here now!!!

The rules on International Driving Permit we're reversed a few months ago, so it's not required (but please remember to bring BOTH parts of your photo licence - you will need them).

Heading out to Perkins for breakfast right now then off to Epcot for the food and wine festival (DH may need to drive back to the villa rather than me grin).

Groovee Thu 03-Oct-13 16:37:31

Have started a new Thread here So we can continue planning and helping others.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now