Anyone else got a Disney Florida trip planned? Want to get excited together and share plans?

(999 Posts)
PaintingTheFlowersRed Sun 30-Sep-12 19:03:03

We are off to DisneyWorld next year and I am already really excited about it. Anyone else? I'd love to compare notes on what you are doing to prepare. I'm starting to think about how to do a big surprise for the DC when we tell them we are going.

Ekkk

Mickey not so scary Halloween party booked and have booked the pirate and pals boat trip to

Think that's all planning

Exciting!
What's the boat trip?

It's pirate and pals firework cruise . Captain Hook and smee also Peter Pan pops in
Includes food /buffet and my youngest adores anything to do with Peter Pan so was a must do for us

I looked it up and it sounds fantastic.
DS met Pan, Hook and Smee over two days in Paris at Easter whilst wearing their costumes. It made his holiday(and mine!)
I'd love to do it again but DS and DD find it very difficult to stay up late and I'm sure DS (3) would be over tired and have a melt down. Maybe next time.

I may book him the pirate makeover experience instead.

Yes we're thinking rest /nap in the day or a later start

AnneEyhtMeyer Wed 15-May-13 08:09:40

The Pirates & Pals trip is great, we really enjoyed it. Lovely to get a chance to meet Hook & Smee, and yes, Peter Pan meets the boat at the end of the trip. You get such a good view of the electric water parade and the fireworks.

The only downside to it is that there is a so-called snack buffet beforehand. Mainly cakey things and chocolate, nothing especially nice, but the way people were stuffing the items into their bags to take away was horrendous to watch. Really awful.

They give you bandanas to wear as well, and DD still loves playing with hers. The pirate on the boat was very good too, giving out prizes and stickers to the children and making everybody laugh.

Groovee Wed 15-May-13 08:47:15

The family magic tour is in the morning in MK and meets certain PP characters smile

MOSagain Wed 15-May-13 09:08:16

oooh pirate thing sounds great. Never heard of it, is it new? No doubt expensive?

AnneEyhtMeyer Wed 15-May-13 09:15:56

We went about two years ago, MOS. Goes from the Contemporary Resort and costs about $50 pp I think (and $30 for kids).

MOSagain Wed 15-May-13 12:38:29

Sounds fab. Presumably you have to have magic kingdom tickets too?

AnneEyhtMeyer Wed 15-May-13 12:43:37

No, you don't go inside MK.

You go to the Contemporary Resort, and in a function room they have the "buffet" and meet Capt Hook & Smee, take photos etc. Then the pirates come in and lead you to your boat (two pirates and two boats).

The boat goes out onto the lake and you watch the Electric Water Parade and then the boats move to a good position to watch the fireworks at MK.

Then it is back to the Contemporary Resort and on the dock you meet Peter Pan.

Here is the link

In scale of things not to bad but its ds3 favourite film

But can not beat when mentioned wheelchair he was like no problem

MOSagain Wed 15-May-13 20:30:08

Anne it sounds fabulous, will try to book that one

Groovee Mon 20-May-13 12:44:39

Down to 39 days now. It's getting closer. Unfortunately it appears I have infection brewing.

Oh no groove hope you can shake of quickly

Groovee Wed 22-May-13 08:58:44

The GP has put me on antibiotics as I've not been feeling right for a few weeks. Was putting it down to doing long days at work instead of half days.

goodgrief54 Thu 23-May-13 07:29:17

Woo hoo!! Finally booked our trip of a lifetime! 17 nights from 13th May 2014 staying at Orange Lake resort, Kissimmee.. Already got Disney tickets, DS will be 8 and DD 6 so hopefully good ages. Have been really worried about how we will pay for it but have decided to go for it anyway - the children are only young for a short time and will hopefully provide ever lasting memories! Any tips for us total novices gratefully received especially if anyone else stayed at Orange Lake. Still can't believe we are going - soooo excited.. grin

Groovee Thu 23-May-13 14:28:00

Fab news Goodgrief. I'd advise getting the brits guide to orlando. New one due out in about October for next year.

AnneEyhtMeyer Thu 23-May-13 14:45:21

The children will love it, as will you goodgrief!

Look at the Unofficial Guide too, I've found it the best.

Groove how you feeling now

Good grief I did same booked and then thought how the fuck am I going pay for it. I am now thinking how the feck am I gone get any money together for spending

Am nearly in double digits [grib]

Groovee Fri 24-May-13 09:43:19

Still feeling rough. Dh thinks I'm having a fibro flare sad

The unofficial guide, I was trying to remember what it was called.

Anyone seen the new simpsons land? Should open this summer. Hopefully in time for us going...

Did I mention it's 35 days today?

flier Fri 24-May-13 12:39:26

eek 29 days till we go shock park tickets arrived today smile still got car and insurance to arrange though sad

Groovee Fri 24-May-13 13:48:18

oooh Flier, I am jealous. I ordered Photopass+ last night.

Groovee

Sorry to read that you're not feeling so good.

The new Simpsons land is a Springfield themed street selling Duff beer and the like!. Summer opening promised but no actual date.

If you've never been on the Simpsons sim ride, that is a must.

If anyone here does go onto ride the Despicable Me sim ride at this park, can you please tell me what you thought of it?. TIA

AnneEyhtMeyer Fri 24-May-13 16:37:39

There is a special 24 hour opening of MK today and there is a live feed here on the Disney site, just inside the gates.

Looks to be a lovely sunny day, wish I didn't have to wait so long to go back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now