Anyone else got a Disney Florida trip planned? Want to get excited together and share plans?

(999 Posts)
PaintingTheFlowersRed Sun 30-Sep-12 19:03:03

We are off to DisneyWorld next year and I am already really excited about it. Anyone else? I'd love to compare notes on what you are doing to prepare. I'm starting to think about how to do a big surprise for the DC when we tell them we are going.

be aware if staying on wdw resort only a few can now leave with ell services rest you have to meet them .i did wonder if i could mange self propelling as seemed reasonably flat till someone pointing out sheer scale so thought ok powerchair (what i use at home anyway )

Groovee Sun 21-Apr-13 09:26:31

We're in a villa, so not a problem. Had read about the WDW property only allowing about 5 companies to drop things off. Am hoping I will be ok with the heat as we have noticed a difference in how well I feel in warmer climates. Plan is to have my kindle and find a non smoking shaded area for me to chill in if it gets too much.

yeah .As i want it there when i arrive i had to go with one of he 5.But then found i was limited as wanted a power chair not a scootersmile

Yes m hoping heat will help but suspect only rest be bedtime about 2 mins after the kids .Feeling need holiday when home , but excited can not wait

Groovee Tue 23-Apr-13 17:13:06

I need some heat and sun instead of all the wind we keep having!

Groovee Sun 28-Apr-13 09:57:18

61 sleeps now. Bought some more dollars. Have had a wander round the shops looking for a just below the knee gypsy type skirt and can see nothing.

AnneEyhtMeyer Sun 28-Apr-13 11:24:11

Well I've just booked again, but got a long time to wait - October 2014. How will I wait that long?? Never booked so far in advance before.

MOS - I saw the other day that you can exchange Tesco vouchers for Legoland Florida tickets. Might be worth considering.

Groovee Sun 28-Apr-13 12:28:39

LOL We normally book 12 months in advance for FL. But I am excited now smile

dancemom Sun 28-Apr-13 17:13:57

62 sleeps to go here - getting excited!! Bought some dollars this week too!

Groove and dance mom

No wonder excited think by that point I be worse than my kids .

Anne

I did same booked April time last year and we don't go to September. Seems a long way but not in others does not seem 5 mins ago that was waiting get below 200 then ADR day now at 131 grin

But scarey same time as need get arse in gear get last bit paid of . Then can think about spending money

Have booked my hotel for night before At airports md assistance booked which means my seats now booked to . More done on checklist

Left

Pay last amount
Buy seaworld tickets
Book pay garden grocer
Spending money

Think that's it gulp

My dc never been on a plane before and I not since ina wheelchair . The logistics and airport bit are worrying me . And Also to a point the little bit that says oh shit what if accident while there least in uk know family could get to us (ds3 has epilepsy amongst other issues )but this time just me and younger two. But do have good holiday insurance that covers dverything

Groovee Mon 29-Apr-13 07:38:27

60 sleeeps, that's us getting there. 41 days left at school for the kids.

THC you will be fine. Think positively. You will have a ball xx

AnneEyhtMeyer Mon 29-Apr-13 07:38:44

You and your DC will be fine at the airport and on the plane, Human. They are very good at looking after you all and the plane is so exciting for the DC.

Don't worry about something going wrong while you are out there. It is such a tourist-friendly place there will be lots of support as long as you have insurance!

I haven't booked more than 6 months in advance before, it seems very strange. I booked a holiday for this October a few weeks ago but now I've booked Disney for next October I haven't been able to think of the other holiday at all! I have even started writing my packing list for Disney! blush

Groovee Mon 29-Apr-13 10:40:29

Haha Anne you should see my "summer 2013" folder in my documents!

i may have been looking and writing lists toblush

Anne

Yup have insurance cost arm and leg but i disclosed every little thing was taking no risks

am hoping September be bit quieter as Uk and Usa schools would not been back long so maybe not many kids out of ,permission got already )

AnneEyhtMeyer Tue 30-Apr-13 20:50:51

I was there in September the year before last and the weather was perfect and the parks weren't busy. The only annoyance were the lovebugs, but even they weren't an issue.

Also in September you will be able to go to Mickey's Not So Scary Hallowe'en Party. Really good fun!

Groovee Wed 01-May-13 22:03:52

I'm going to FLORIDA NEXT MONTH! Don't think I have shared that with you!! grin

Groove you must be a tad excitedwinkyou got your cases packed yet ?

Anyone else flying Ba. Anne yes heard about love bugs . Dd wants to see them as likes insects /reptiles any animal tbh

AnneEyhtMeyer Thu 02-May-13 07:34:00

The love bugs are strange, it is like they are on drugs, they are so dozy. They are very easy to swat!

Groovee Thu 02-May-13 08:33:44

Not packed yet. I emptied a drawer to get the holiday clothes in. It's a tad full now. 57 sleeps.

Groovee Sun 05-May-13 15:42:47

I really need to get on the case of my diet!!! Need a kick up the bum.

Ekk groove as we're going enc of uk summer ( if ever get ) I'm going be doing mad wash I reckon and packing does not seem much point buying just for holiday

In trying maintain now as started my diet last year

It seems be coming round really fast going be in double digits before know it

Have cancelled plans go out next weekend as figure I rather put towards Wdw . I just want get last bit paid of the main holiday then can relax a bit and start thinking fun stuff

Groovee Thu 09-May-13 07:41:36

50 days to go. Not well at all today. Day in bed for me x

96 for us. I've fallen off the planning radar.

Need to pay the remaining balance next week. Visas done. Have bought all the children need except for some sort of waterproof shoe for around the pool so they don't burn their feet.

Groovee Fri 10-May-13 09:40:22

7 weeks and we'll be chilling in the airport. It's a beautiful sunny morning.

Done as much planning as we can for just now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now