Anyone else got a Disney Florida trip planned? Want to get excited together and share plans?

(999 Posts)
PaintingTheFlowersRed Sun 30-Sep-12 19:03:03

We are off to DisneyWorld next year and I am already really excited about it. Anyone else? I'd love to compare notes on what you are doing to prepare. I'm starting to think about how to do a big surprise for the DC when we tell them we are going.

maxbradbury Fri 22-Mar-13 18:46:20

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1118277562/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1363977871&sr=8-1&pi=SL75

We are using this. It got recommend to me. Also see easywdw.com and under tourist for crowd calendars

Groovee Fri 22-Mar-13 19:12:50

I have the Brits Guide to Orlando but also like the Unofficial guide to WDW.

We also have a frommer book about doing WDW with kids.

This is a good link about Fast Pass. disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/fast-pass/

HuevosRancheros Fri 22-Mar-13 19:32:44

Brilliant, thank you smile

Groovee Sun 24-Mar-13 12:21:08

Disney Photopass.... can you order it here first or can we not do that in the UK?

roughtyping Sun 24-Mar-13 12:37:46

Groovee I'm not sure, they have signs for it all over the place though so think it's quite easy to get it there.

I am so excited, had a dream about Florida last night! 15 months to go... I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for an upgrade as it'll be our (family of 3) honeymoon smile

mummytime Sun 24-Mar-13 12:43:12

I think you just pick it up the first time your photo is taken, in the water parks they come with a wrist band. Then you present it each time a photo is taken, so the photos are stored under the same code.
Then if you want some printed before you leave you can present it for printing, or you can bring it home and order over the Internet.

Groovee Mon 25-Mar-13 09:47:16
mummytime Mon 25-Mar-13 09:56:43

It does look like a good offer if you are actually want to purchase the photos.

Groovee Tue 26-Mar-13 08:31:25

We did the last time which was 6 years ago. So we like the memories.

Hulababy Tue 26-Mar-13 08:36:06

We never bother with photo pass. I am ever without a camera so usually come back with 100s anyway. Besides this year my camera was far better than the ones they were using anyway, lol! I found the photo pass pictures very expensive for what they were.

Groovee Wed 27-Mar-13 11:26:49

Still going to get it I think. Dh is saying yes.

The only problem with school holidays and snow is Spending time on You Tube watching the ride video's. I want to go now, not in 93 days.

Guess what we did today? We only went and booked a pre-Florida holiday to Paris. August feels so far away so we're off to disneyland on Wednesday. Haven't told the kids yet.

The photo passes sound great but are very pricey.

Groovee Thu 28-Mar-13 22:12:17

Lovely, the kids will be excited.

Going to tell them this evening. I haven't planned anything which is odd given my Florida obsession and stress!

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Fri 29-Mar-13 21:04:25

Oh pickled that will be fab, have a great time.

I have booked a cabana in Aquatica today, was not cheap so i hope it's worth it - very excited!

Filmed telling them. They were thrilled!

Tell me about the cabanas...!

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Fri 29-Mar-13 22:42:13

Oh that will be so lovely to watch in years to come!

How lovely to have two disney trips to look forward to!

Cabana's are essentially gazebos/tenty type things.

They have chairs/sunbeds and ceiling fans and fridges with cold bottled water and you get lockers as well i believe.

There is six of us going and it's such a pita to try and get six sunbeds all together and if it gets too hot - we're there in July/August - there's not much shade for the kids so it seemed like a good idea.

We booked it online, was expensive as peak time but worth it i think.

Sounds like a really sensible idea. We have aquatica tickets so I may look into that but I don't know which day we'll be there yet. We'll be there at similar times.

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Sat 30-Mar-13 08:01:35

We go on 24th July, 122 days i think!!

Aquatica is my favourite water park by far, i think it's the best one for kids.

You can book online, they start at about $79 but it was $244 (£162 pound) for one when we are there.

Split between two families though so it's not so bad.

Groovee Sat 30-Mar-13 10:56:16

90 days to go!!! We'll be waking up for Animal Kingdom.

We're thinking about a Cabana for Typhoon Lagoon. But the cost of $300 is a bit much so we have to see what money is like at the time.

Zipitzippy Sat 30-Mar-13 18:15:53

We go in 6 days and I've not done a thing. No planning no packing bought a book but not had time to read it yet do you think I should start panicking. We are going with family 10 of us altogether and our son has just turned 2. We are staying at the yacht club. I've never been before but husband and family have been numerous times but not in the last 10 years or so. We have ordered the photo pass + but that's not arrived yet.

Groovee Sat 30-Mar-13 18:23:56

If you plan to eat on site you will need to book. Because of the dining plan it's very hard to get walk ups these days.

Dd asked to go to the t-rex restaurant at Downtown Disney. I can't get any availability for our whole 2 weeks!

Hopefully your PP+ will arrive shortly.

As you are staying onsite, I'd advise you to make use of the extra magic hours which will let you into the parks early or stay later when off site guests have to leave. You could get in and do the busy rides early doors then head back to the hotel for a rest.

If you have an iphone I'd recommend downloaded the apps for waits in the rides. WDW waits and WDW maps have been good on my phone and they were free.

NotMoreFootball Sun 31-Mar-13 23:04:05

We just got back from our first trip to Orlando yesterday and the parks were not nearly as busy as I had feared, we've been to Disneyland Paris several times but found Disney World to be MUCH less busy and better organized than France.
My DH (who was famously anti-Disney!) enjoyed it so much he's already planning a return trip for next year but staying in a Disney hotel this time. Does anyone have any recommendations on which hotel has the best transport links within the resorts?, we'd also like a nice pool area so we can have at least one day of rest!

Groovee Mon 01-Apr-13 10:10:06

We've stayed at All Stars Sports and Port Orleans Riverside. POR is lovely and we've stayed there twice. Plenty small pools round the resort as well as beautiful themeing. If I was to stay onsite again, I quite fancy the Art of Animation or Old Key West.

Zipitzippy Mon 01-Apr-13 19:32:53

Thanks for that Groovee. Got the apps and will make the most of the magical extra hours. In laws are sorting all the restaurants out so that takes a lot of stress of us. Not yet booked a character meal but hopefully that should be sorted tomorrow at the Floridian.

Looking forward to doing some shopping while over there as lost weight and not got much that fits anymore. It's hard buying summer clothes when the weather is so cold here.

Going to make a start on the packing tonight just as soon as I get my little one to bed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now