Anyone else got a Disney Florida trip planned? Want to get excited together and share plans?

(999 Posts)
PaintingTheFlowersRed Sun 30-Sep-12 19:03:03

We are off to DisneyWorld next year and I am already really excited about it. Anyone else? I'd love to compare notes on what you are doing to prepare. I'm starting to think about how to do a big surprise for the DC when we tell them we are going.

maxbradbury Mon 18-Mar-13 19:51:03

So fastpass. Is that what u use to pre book rides when You enter the parks?? Thanks

Groovee Mon 18-Mar-13 22:00:54

You can only use fastpass at one ride at a time. You can only get another fast pass once you use the one you have. You pop your park tickets in the machine at the attraction you want to fast pass and it will spit out a time for you to return and ride the ride.

roughtyping Mon 18-Mar-13 22:04:27

Ah getting so excited again! Definitely going to book some restaurants this time.
Managed to get a walk in at 50s prime time and it was amazing!

MOSagain Tue 19-Mar-13 09:23:22

Thanks Groove. Problem is we've found its normally the opposite. We used to always book 11 months in advance, as soon as flights released. We've just got a quote for BA flights in August and its over £500 more than we were quoted 4 weeks ago!

I would agree with MOSagain. Longhaul to Orlando (which is a very profitable route for both BA and VA) do tend to become more expensive the closer you book to departure day. These flights also fill quickly particularly around the more popular times to visit.

WannaSplitAPineapple Tue 19-Mar-13 15:45:30

We find it is much better to book in advance as we are limited to school holidays. My friend can go anytime and gets some brilliant late deals.

We've booked prime time, DH has said he's asking for no greens with his meal so they can't make him eat them. I've got baby brain badly today and can't remember what else we've booked. I know there is a character lunch in Animal kingdom and we are hoping to go to Be Our Guest but it will be for lunch not a sit down. We're there for the garden festival at Epcot and it sounds fab. I can't wait!

Groovee Wed 20-Mar-13 07:23:13

I wish I could go at short notice. Stuck with school holidays too because of my term time only contract. There are some great deals for April at the moment.

My friend flies indirect to Tampa and home from Miami and it can be much cheaper with out BA or Virgin.

I'm stuck to the school hols, too. It's costing us £8500 for two weeks in August. Could get it for half that any other time of the year!

Groovee Thu 21-Mar-13 07:39:29

99 days to go!

SweetSplendidSimnel Thu 21-Mar-13 14:18:51

Flying out next week, but havent made any reservations for the dining experience, coz frankly DD is at the age where someone dressed as Cinderella is a bit meh. So thinking of going somewhere like Rainforest cafe. Any good? Other recommendations will be gratefully received.

Oh and we are all veggies, if that will help grin

Posted on some other obscure bit of the Travel topic until I found you guys and THIS thread.

145 here.

How old is your DD Sweet?

MOSagain Thu 21-Mar-13 15:31:46

£8,500 shock for how many of you? Are you staying in Disney park?

SweetSplendidSimnel Thu 21-Mar-13 16:00:34

Pickled. She is 7...

4. Staying on international drive with Virgin flights. Have we been ripped off?

Sweet- same as my DD. I haven't booked princesses but I've booked a character meal and plan to take her to three broomsticks. Does your DD like Harry Potter? How about the 1950s meal? DD would love it but DS is only 3 and wouldn't be as keen

SweetSplendidSimnel Thu 21-Mar-13 20:02:53

Nope, no Harry Potter, I'm afraid. She's still sweet on Horrid Henry, not discovered the wizard boy yet grin

Thanks anyway....

Someone else will come along soon and have better suggestions. I'm still a novice.

mummytime Thu 21-Mar-13 20:21:16

For Disney fast passes you don't have to use them before you can get another. You just have to wait a certain amount of time from getting one until you can get the next. This is crucial for some rides, eg. The toy story one at Hollywood Studios. The first hing you do is get a fast pass if available, even thoughit may not be valid for 4 or more hours, however after 2 hours you can then get another one for he adults to go on the Rock and Roller Coaster.

Groovee Thu 21-Mar-13 20:52:35

We paid £3900 for a villa in June/July with flights and car hire for 3 adults (dd being 13 gets classed as an adult) and 1 child!

Was that with passes Groove? That's not school hold, is it?

YouBrokeMySmoulder Fri 22-Mar-13 07:19:50

We paid 5.5k for ten nights for 4 in feb half term, that was a 1 bed at okw with feee dining, disney passes, 2 nights at the hard rock, universal tickets and then 3 nights back at riverside at disney.

It was much cheaper to book it all seperately than with virgin.we biooked flights with dialaflight and the hrh hotel with them for a good discount and then disney direct.

Disney are iffering as low as 499 each atm if you can go in term time. Grr.

Groovee Fri 22-Mar-13 07:49:31

It is Scottish school holidays so we pay the premium for flying direct from Scotland. If we'd gone from Newcastle or Manchester on those dates it would have been cheaper. (saw it to only be about £2500 on one holiday but dh couldn't get the extra day off) Cost £1400 for the park passes.

I've seen some deals from a north east airport (not Newcastle) for the end of april for £2000 for a family of 4.

My friend from Leicester, often goes away the last 2 weeks of August flying from Scotland as she'd found it to be much cheaper than an English airport.

roughtyping Fri 22-Mar-13 07:52:12

Yes, we're Scottish and fly late June from Manchester as it's so much cheaper than Glasgow. For the holiday we have booked it worked out about £1.5k cheaper.

Groovee Fri 22-Mar-13 08:06:54

14 weeks today/98 days we'll be checked in! With the weather today, it's needed to think about warm, heat and no bloody wind or snow!

HuevosRancheros Fri 22-Mar-13 18:11:38

Really sorry for seeming lazy, I know the info will be somewhere in this thread, but it's such a massive thread!! grin

Anyway, can you wonderful people please recommend a book to help plan a Disney trip? I'm sure I read about one or two on here at some point

Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now