Christmas sunshine

(9 Posts)
solittletimeandsomuchtodo Wed 19-Sep-12 11:47:27

Was thinking Egypt but heard it nay not be warm enough?
Any other suggestions?
All I want to do is plonk somewhere with a nice pool so kids and I can swim play all day etc
4&5 year olds.
Thanks in advance

mummymeister Wed 19-Sep-12 14:06:44

we went to florida last christmas and the weather was perfect for us 24 - 27 degrees and plenty of sunshine.

Fluffy1234 Wed 19-Sep-12 14:27:03

I'd for a family friendly hotel in the Caribbean.

Honestyisbest Thu 11-Oct-12 17:38:45

That's what Im after!

triplets Sat 13-Oct-12 22:46:09

I am thinking along these lines............I lost my mum in July, my three are nearly 15 now, my dh is in remission from cancer and we haven`t had a proper holiday(flown) since Aug 07. I dream of going back to the states and would love to go at Christmas time...............would love to.

dlady Tue 16-Oct-12 10:42:38

The Paphos end of Cyprus is warm and sunny at Christmas, funnily though the other resorts are just like a cool spring day here. We went a few years ago and were in the sea. Our favourite place in Coral Bay near Paphos. But if you want a bit of traditional Christmas weather you can drive up the mountains where it is v. cold and thick snow.

Hersetta Wed 17-Oct-12 08:53:57

We've been away lots at christmas (7 times in the last 10 years).Pre children we've went 3 times to the Dominican republic and twice to the Maldives. Weather lovely (mid 30's) although prone to rain downpours in the carribbean. Maldives was obviously picture postcard perfect. Last twice we had DD (4) so we went to Egpyt. Weather was perfect (27 degrees) so we were on the beach every day but didn't have they worry that we would all burn to a crisp and DD was in an out of the fabulous kids club all day and night. We stayed at the Red Sea Holiday village (first choice exclusive) which is brilliant if you have little ones.

Only thing is at that time of year the swimming pool are cold but there is usually at least one heated pool which helped. Sea was cool but not as cold as the pools!

If you want guaranteed sun but not long haul, as well as Egypt i would say take a look at Cape Verde. Weather is pretty much 29 degrees all year long and the Riu hotels there are excellent.

doowpro Thu 18-Oct-12 11:28:19

The Canary Islands is lovely at Christmas, and no hideously long flight either. Try the ever wonderful Abama resort (got a kids club)

RillaBlythe Thu 18-Oct-12 11:31:25

South Africa.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now