maritim mauritius - anyone been

(16 Posts)
OhlimpPricks Sun 13-Jan-13 16:49:31

Just Do a google search for ' villa rental Mauritius' there are plenty of sites. If you like to swim and sunbathe and want calm beaches go for the north west of the island. Mauritius has 28 micro climates (!) key places Pereybere, Cap malheureux, grande Baie.
villa letting company
If you have kids a self catering place is great, because you can go to the hypermarket to get drinks, breakfasts, snacks, get a taxi back. You save money that way! Litre bottles of rum are also £3 in the supermarket . Lovely with fresh fruit juice! Also, most places come complete with washing machine, so you can take less stuff/ wash it before you come home!
If you want to know anything else about the island, please just ask!

Letsdoit Sun 13-Jan-13 14:30:45

OhlimpPricks, how did you book the villa?

OhlimpPricks Mon 07-Jan-13 00:34:25

Emirates beats Air Mauritius any day. Air Mauritius have about 30 planes in their fleet. Emirates have thousands.

OhlimpPricks Mon 07-Jan-13 00:31:49

Book flights and accomodation independently. You can rent gorgeous villas for £50 a night with a pool.

My sister went to the Maritim for 3 weeks with BA holidays, flying economy and it set them back nearly 10k.

We go every November, travel business class with Emirates, and rent a superb villa on the beach for a month and it costs less than half that.

Thre are lots of gorgeous local restaurants where you can eat for £10 a head and the rum is £3 a litre in the hypermarket.

WeLoveHaribo Thu 27-Dec-12 22:27:14

Pool was warm enough for my 3yr old to b in ALL day!! Sea is too. If urs r up for it the do water sports with kids too.
Sightseeing- we've been to Port Louis couple of times, Pamplemoose gardens, Sugar factory and various boat trips.
Changes over yrs hav been made to restaurant and personally although the food is good, it's not a true all inclusive. The buffet restaurant (which I preferred going to with little ones) is the only one which is inc for all 3 meals. Check when arrive as I know repeat guests get to use more restaurants so wouldn't want to tell u wring thing and end up with charges.
You'll hav a great time. Xx

givemeaclue Tue 18-Dec-12 08:33:09

Ooooo lucky you. Is there anywhere warm enough to swim-sea? Pool too cold?

How is the food, are the rooms nice

Let up know you sightseeing tips when you get back

WeLoveHaribo Mon 17-Dec-12 18:07:57

We're there now (3rd time) with dc 3yr and 10mth. Very child friendly, pool not heated, kids club from 3yrs and lots water sports avail.
Been quite a few changes since our 1st trip (5yrs ago) but we still enjoy it. Staff are lovely.
Any Qs just ask.
Xx

jenpetronus Thu 22-Nov-12 10:34:52

Ours too - we got married there (Sugar Beach) 12 (eek) years ago & always said we'd go back, anyway all booked this morning so I'll let you know grin

givemeaclue Wed 21-Nov-12 15:50:11

mine are only 5 its their first long haul

jenpetronus Wed 21-Nov-12 14:12:58

My DC's are 11 & 4, so hopefully they are a good cross section to test the facilities wink

givemeaclue Wed 21-Nov-12 13:45:03

Oh yes please! We are going in May, give me all the low down and tips!

jenpetronus Wed 21-Nov-12 13:33:26

Ahhh, good to hear. I think we're going to go ahead with the Maritim too - partly because I've found an identical deal with Travelbag which is £1000 less than the British Airways deal I thought was good in the first place! grin
Hope you have a good time! (if we're going before you - end of April - I'll report back!)

givemeaclue Wed 21-Nov-12 12:29:40

But I didn't look at the shendrani so don't know how it compares

givemeaclue Wed 21-Nov-12 12:28:24

We have booked! Chose maritim on basis of good kids facilities according to travel agent who had just come back from staying at 13 different hotels there, its the best for kids in that Price range

jenpetronus Tue 20-Nov-12 17:16:48

Did you book or go givemeaclue? We're between the Maritim and the Shandrani at the moment and would love to hear!

givemeaclue Tue 18-Sep-12 14:30:50

Has anyone been to maritim mauritius? what was it like?
looking for good food, good activities for children, fabulous beach, heated pool for children

also - anyone fly emirates was it better than air mauritius

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now