Any ideas for Febraury holiday for just mum and dad.

(8 Posts)
Grannylipstick Fri 11-Jan-13 21:22:10

Stayed in goa in February a few years ago. Lovely weather and loved goa. Dubai is fabulous but much more money.

GlobeDU Wed 09-Jan-13 09:21:56

Hi noseynoonoo

Cape Town is lovely in February. (not too hot and the rainy season hasn't started yet).

You can even treat this holiday as a second honeymoon ;-)

There is so much to do in Cape Town and surrounds and the accommodation options are unlimited (hotels, guest lodges, bed & breakfast's, self catering, etc). I would suggest that you spend a few nights in Cape Town and do the various attractions there then move on to the winelands and spend at least 2 nights there so as to get the most of the winelands experience. A trip up the garden route is also very, very nice! And en-route you can even stop over at a game reserve or two.

Let me know if you would like me to assist with putting something together for you.

Regards
wikivillage.co.za/globe-discoverers-unite-africa/

Las Vegas ? If you are going to go child free you might as well go somewhere you would never take them to.

It's not just gambling. The restaurants and shows are fab. You can hike and kayak just outside Vegas too.

Palm springs is supposed to be lovely too.

shrimponastick Mon 17-Sep-12 13:04:09

Goa?

Great weather in February. You don't have to rough it either - some nice hotels.

Fluffy1234 Sun 16-Sep-12 08:14:23

I went there two Febuarys ago with my DH and DC, it is sooooooo beautiful. I wanted to go for years and it far exceeded my expectations. We stayed in Bantry Bay, less than a 10 minute drive from the V &A Waterfront and it was amazing. Warm breeze, lovely light, amazing food and wine, so much to do plus no jet lag. Definetely my favourite place on earth.

noseynoonoo Sat 15-Sep-12 20:38:45

I didn't think of Egypt. We have both been seperately, many years ago. May take a look. I did wonder about going to Cape Town.

Fluffy1234 Sat 15-Sep-12 19:54:28

How about Egypt? There are some lovely hotels and it is cheaper than the Caribbean although I much prefer the Caribbean.

noseynoonoo Sat 15-Sep-12 17:29:24

We need a holiday but the first time we can go is the Febraury half-term. We willbe going without the children - is that very bad?

Anyway, having only looked at family holidays for a while I am not sure where to start.

We want somewhere with good weather, where we can chill out. I don't want to travel too far but am largely open-minded where we go. DH has just mentioned the Carribean which surprised me but I am not restricting my search to that part of the world.

I don't want to rough it but I don't want the price to be eye-watering either.

Any pointers so I can narrow down the options?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now