alone at night ?

(10 Posts)
misstiredbuthappy Thu 27-Feb-14 18:56:54

Just that realy. Im on my own every night dont see a soul after dd goes to bed at 7. Doesnt bother me realy just now an then mainly a Saturday night I think oh it would be nice to talk to somebody ANYBODY. Anybody else alone every night ?

LetZygonsbeZygons Thu 27-Feb-14 19:20:40

Hi. me too. and yes its nice to have a drinky now and then after DC in bed and watch what I want on tv or do whatever I want, but yes, like you Id like someone sometimes to talk to/cuddle/head on shoulder etc.

at least weve got mumsnet to share with!

misstiredbuthappy Thu 27-Feb-14 20:11:56

Glad im not alone ive got other single mum friends but they have people around sometimes for company. I sometimes think to myself oh ill meet someone oneday I wont be on my own forever but then again if I dont leave the house. Other than work and school how can I haha

Yes thank god for mumsnet !

LetZygonsbeZygons Thu 27-Feb-14 20:14:20

Im same as you! I never go out as I cant, and cant expect someone to turn up on doorstep! im not into the internet matches things either.

But as I can never go out theres no point anyway.

DCs just gone to bed now so ill stay on MN for a bit and then watch some tv!

misstiredbuthappy Thu 27-Feb-14 20:55:33

Yeah same here I dont like the internet dating thing. Each to there own. Ahh well no point in moaning is there. Thanks for the chat.

humptydidit Fri 28-Feb-14 12:05:51

me too... I realise I don't need a man... but all the same don't want to be alone forever... sad

LetZygonsbeZygons Sat 01-Mar-14 17:08:41

I always feel scared and vulnerable at night. I never sleep properly as the slightest sound wakes me and as its always just me and DC it makes us vulnerable.

and I can put up a fight but our fecking neighbours KNOW were alone and make our lives a misery with their noise and stuff.

GEM33 Sat 01-Mar-14 21:30:45

I empathise with all the posts here. I don't even go downstairs after getting dd to sleep I do my chores like put a wash on and get back in bed on ipad. Hate being on my own down there. And I feel vulnerable too x

misstiredbuthappy Sat 01-Mar-14 21:36:31

Im okay to be honest I dont get scared unless the leccy hoes (I make sure it doesnt for this reason haha) I dont like going in the garden tho like puttin the bins out always think somebodys gonna creep in when my backs turned ! Talk sbout paranoid.

poppins30 Sat 01-Mar-14 22:05:48

Yeah I've been a lone parent for 4 years (LO is 7) and im used to the silence at night now, I like it.

But I do feel lonely once in a while. I get sick of seeing fb friends/family complain about their OHs making a mess or snoring etc. I miss those things sometimes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now