Anyone else feel especially lonely on warm summer evenings or is it just me?

(34 Posts)
chickensaladagain Sat 13-Jul-13 22:18:44

?

rainbowfeet Sun 14-Jul-13 19:41:52

I have 1 friend who I've told how bad I'm feeling he is being supportive but I haven't the energy to talk anymore, he just keeps saying talk to me, I know he's worried but I'm too drained to talk in RL. I just want to world to disappear

nkf Sun 14-Jul-13 19:44:05

I know there are platitudes but single people do tend to elevate couples. I don't dispute that a good marriage is brilliant but I think miserable single is better than miserable married.

nkf Sun 14-Jul-13 19:45:35

Rainbowfeet, you sound so down. Samaritans are wonderful. You can send an email if you don't want to talk. Write it down. It will pass. Nothing ever stays the same. Feelings pass. Bit hut.

SnoopyLovesYou Sun 14-Jul-13 20:04:34

Rainbow feet no wonder you're
upset especially with your dickhead ex so close by! At least you can be happy that you don't have him around anymore.

My fantastic tip is DON'T LOOK AT FACEBOOK ANYMORE! So depressing!

Then start going places with your kids. Wherever you can. For some fresh air, nature and a change of scenery. Also treats help and making new friends is the best.

Good luck :-)

WafflyVersatile Sun 14-Jul-13 20:18:01

So do I nkf or I would enter into every offer of a relationship no matter how unsuitable.

I'm not 'elevating couples'. I get lonely sometimes when single and miss certain aspects of or general coupledness that I have enjoyed in the past or that I know other people are enjoying that day or generally.

Sorry you are having such a bad time just now rainbow.

Jellykat Sun 14-Jul-13 20:45:09

rainbow Sorry you're having such a crap time, i was in a similar position once.

I agree with Snoopy above, stay away from facebook, generally speaking theres a lot of people on there having a brilliant time, even if they're not..
Have you any parks nearby? i spent many weekends feeding ducks with my 2.. How about checking out if theres any Gingerbread groups near you to possibly meet other lone parents?

rainbowfeet Sun 14-Jul-13 21:39:35

Thank you everyone you are very kind. I am going to the CAB tomorrow to try to find a way to move from this flat. I rent privately, can't afford the dep on a new private let & council have suspended me from housing list although I have a 10 yr old dd & a 17 month old ds by their rules I should be in a 3 bed but only have 2!! They say I'm adequately housed as ds can share with me!!

I think if I could move away from here it would help so much

SnoopyLovesYou Tue 16-Jul-13 14:12:11

Yes moving is sometimes the answer Im renting too and would love a place with a garden :-)

susiedaisy Tue 16-Jul-13 15:42:37

Rainbow I know how you feel, although my exh doesn't live right next to me, he did however try to buy a house about 6 doors down from me with his new women but lucky for me the sale fell through!!
FB can be great for keeping in touch with people who live far away but it's shit when you are feeling low and need a bit of support, I'm a lone parent with zero cash although I do have a car thankfully but apart from work and supermarket I've nowhere in particular to go, and I do try to be cheerful and look to the future make a new life for the dc and me etc etc but god it's bloody hard work! Hope everyone's ok today thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now