Another proud of myself moment

(5 Posts)
HerrenaHarridan Fri 26-Apr-13 22:08:16

Today I negotiated 4 lane roundabouts, the bypass at 70, reversed round a corner (spot on second time) and did u turns.

I am obviously learning to drive, it's fucking terrifying but I haven't hit anything yet!

Lonecatwithkitten Wed 24-Apr-13 14:49:18

Well curtains I have always done alone. But I think we should always be proud of themselves.

Piemother Wed 24-Apr-13 10:28:28

Woohoo! I am all about these threads.
I drove to london alone this week for the first time.
That's a good few hundred miles for me.
Actually after a year of lone parenting the only things I have help with ate doing my garden and putting up curtains grin actually I could do my own garden but dm likes to do it for me.

chitofftheshovel Mon 22-Apr-13 21:10:01

That is brilliant, it is so empowering isn't it?!

I always did the 'man' jobs around the house when most recent ex was around apart from clipping the dogs nails - must get myself over that hurdle!

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 22-Apr-13 20:37:09

ExH left 10 months ago so it has been a period of firsts. So I discovered I had a blocked external drain last night. So today I borrowed the drain rods from work and had a really good go a rodding the blocked drain. I was unsuccessful not due to my technique, but drain logistics so the jetting man is coming tomorrow - it is only the kitchen drain nothing more serious. Very proud of myself that I yet again I had a really good go at tackling this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now