I feel terrible. So terrible.

(5 Posts)
LittleEdie Tue 26-Mar-13 23:18:32

He's still in shock. You haven't ruined his life.

goodlifemummy Tue 26-Mar-13 21:19:45

OMG I could have written that OP I am in a very similar situation, lets hold hands thanks

ilovehugs Sat 23-Mar-13 23:54:34

Thank you so much x

Yes and yes to your questions. From experience, I split with an ex who sent me flowers and poetry (entirely out of character for him) every day for nearly I year. I felt so guilty and that I'd ruined his life. He is now very happily married. Sometimes people don't realise there is a better life out there. He will, given time. You have done the right thing, be strong and kind to yourself and try not to feel guilty, it will work out x

ilovehugs Sat 23-Mar-13 23:08:55

Two weeks into separating. 14 year relationship, two kids aged 5 and 7. I'm happy to be apart from him, I've wanted out for so long. But... his pain. I feel just so bad. I feel like I've ruined a man's life. I haven't cried once. He is crying every day. I feel wretched with guilt. . I'm certain I could ever have been intimate with him again and that was the cause of so much pain and frustration for both of us, like a dry rot in the relationship. I'm trying to do want I can. inviting him over all the time. Letting him be reallly angry and mean to me without raising to it. Making so much effort, but even that has a whole nother dimension of pain for him. I feel like I've destroyed a persons life. Is this normal to feel this way? Does it get any better?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now