What do you do in a evening?

(29 Posts)

What do you do in a evening when your DCs are in bed?
I have limited friends (all couples or parents) and i am feeling increasingly lonely.
I've had no texts at all today (thinking too much I know)
And
I've watched the entire box set of Downton Abbey now.
The evenings just seem to drag, I almost feel like sleeping confused

happyAvocado Fri 22-Feb-13 23:04:20

working unpaid overtime & chatting with friends on FB smile
I often read a book, never watch TV

duffybeatmetoit Sun 24-Feb-13 09:09:19

chores, try to find enthusiasm to get myself something to eat, odd text/mn, generally feel tired. (working ft, 5 yr old struggling with H walking out, buggerall in way of local support network)

HerrenaHarridan Sun 24-Feb-13 11:08:11

My evening aren't long enough!
Immediately after she goes to bed, before I sit down I do any chores that I don't want to get up to.
I'm learning to drive at mo so then I sit down with cup of tea and do a practice hazard perception and multiple choice test.

After that whatever I feel like really. Sometimes I dig into my (embarrassingly) large craft tat collection.
I almost never read as I get addicted and WILL end up staying awake all night
Sometimes I cook for tomorrow or bake while there is no little pest in the kitchen
A soak in the bath if I need to just lie still, nails if I need a confidence boost.
Tend my plants if the need it and of course lots of Internet and mumsnet grin

drfayray Sun 24-Feb-13 13:40:32

I go dancing smile.
I have lessons twice a week and a dance party on Friday nights.
When I am at home, I read, knit, paint my nails ( I change colours regularly), watch movies ( don't watch TV), sit on my front verandah with the dog and stare at the sky.

I msg friends on Facebook too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now