So, seeing as we are all single...

(78 Posts)
ATouchOfStuffing Mon 03-Dec-12 21:12:56

I was thinking perhaps those who live in the same parts of the Country might like to get chatting/do stuff on weekends, etc.
I know I am a weekend widow (friends all happily attached and usually go off on family adventures) so wonderd if we could cobble together some groups for day trips on weekends or whatever?
Whaddya think?

vole3 Sun 06-Jan-13 07:12:07

I'm in Norfolk, but visit family in Hampshire fairly often.
The other option would be to have a network so that if anyone is holidaying in a certain area we could arrange a meet up.

losingtrust Sat 05-Jan-13 21:31:20

Birmingh here also. Only have about four weeks without dcs though as ex lives abroad so kid friendly would be great!

good idea. im in south east london

coribells Sat 05-Jan-13 09:27:46

I live in NW London . Have two sons 6&11 - PPW is out I am afraid
But would love to arrange a meet up

RMPM Sat 05-Jan-13 00:17:25

Great idea!

I'm south west London ankh

t1971 Fri 04-Jan-13 23:33:23

Airdrie North Lanarkshire 5yr old DD new to Scotland so would be interested in meeting fellow single mums maybe we can help each other out with child care and days out etc.

BodyUnknown Tue 01-Jan-13 11:38:20

May I join? I am 27, single parent to DD 2.5, based in Oxfordshire but can easily travel between Birmingham and London on Chiltern mainline and to Reading, Bournemouth, Southampton etc on cross country service. I would love to meet other single parents, and it would be great to have some fun family friendly weekends this year. We could do Peppa Pig World on 23 Feb but would need transport from Southampton as no car... Unless it's a reasonable taxi/bus journey from there?

She70 Tue 01-Jan-13 09:19:36

I'm with you on that dowagershump . Bring on 2013... It has to be better!!

I'm still up for meeting next weekend if anyone else is. Sunday 6th is best for me.

X

DowagersHump Mon 31-Dec-12 14:18:49

I'm sorry you've had a rough time She70 sad

I am ill (as is DS) so we couldn't have met up yesterday anyway - today is the first day we've left the house in days!

Hopefully 2013 will be a better year - I'd certainly like to see the back of 2012

TheLittleWhiteRabbit Sun 30-Dec-12 20:44:13

I'm in East London. A meet up sounds really fun. grin

farahm Sun 30-Dec-12 20:08:06

I'm in Birmingham - would love to meet other mums??!! grin

Capitaltrixie Sun 30-Dec-12 14:22:36

Sorry to hear things have been hard She70, sending you a big unmumsnetty hug smile, hope things are already starting to get better for you.

She70 Sun 30-Dec-12 07:29:20

I'm sorry... I've been having a horrible time of things and have really struggled to get through Xmas. Hopefully now its behind me I can start looking forward to the future. I totally forgot about this thread.

Are any of the East Kent ladies free next Sunday, 6th Jan?

Capitaltrixie Sat 29-Dec-12 22:50:33

Just thought I'd bump this to remind everyone about Peppa Pig World in Hampshire on 23rd Jan (because I'm EXCITED grin)

TisILeclerc Tue 18-Dec-12 21:44:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ATouchOfStuffing Tue 18-Dec-12 18:04:12

Ah I am off in Brighton for NYE and leaving on 30th so won't be able to make that date - feel free to get together without me though obviously! smile

DowagersHump Tue 18-Dec-12 13:05:57

I'm working and DS is at school but we are also free Sun 30th smile

She70 Tue 18-Dec-12 12:59:07

I don't work at the moment although I am going to have to start looking in the New Year I think.

My 5-year old is at school during the day although breaks up on Fri for 2 weeks.

Perhaps the week following Xmas? We don't have plans after 29th.

I'm dreading Xmas and will be glad when its over tbh but at least I can try to make us busy over that period. We don't have plans on Sunday 30th. Any good?

ATouchOfStuffing Mon 17-Dec-12 20:03:59

That sounds sensible. Are you all working or free in the week too?
May have to be Jan weekend wise for me now anyway, but a day in the week is still do-able in Dec smile Any ideas on where to go?

She70 Mon 17-Dec-12 18:25:59

The more the merrier !

How shall we arrange this? I am new on Mumsnet so not sure how we go about arranging a meet up.

Shall we try to pick a date first then take it from there to arrange a venue?

Boofyh Mon 17-Dec-12 17:01:29

Ooh I'm in north Kent, Medway area can I join in? I'm just about to "celebrate" being single for a year and my new year's resolution is to get my arse in gear and make more friends! I have a DD who is 3.
Leeds castle is great but I would stay away from Rochester for the Christmas festival it's a nightmare.

ATouchOfStuffing Mon 17-Dec-12 10:36:41

Brilliant! I am a bit stuck for inspiration locally tbh. Walk in Blean Woods or a trip to St Augustines Abbey (kids can run free there as far as I can tell)? Open to suggestions smile

She70 Sun 16-Dec-12 21:59:35

Think we should try to arrange something then. Canterbury way? Not sure exactly what though given children's ages and the winter weather.

I drive so can travel if any suggestions.

DowagersHump Sun 16-Dec-12 20:13:49

My DS is 5, we're in Thanet - not far at all from Canterbury smile

She70 Sun 16-Dec-12 20:04:07

I'm not sure. I don't often go Rochester way. Canterbury is not far at all. We should definitely try to meet up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now