What is the best way to get out of paying CSA?

(44 Posts)
seaofyou Sat 24-Nov-12 19:57:38

My ex has not pay maintenance for many years and fled from the court orders twice last 12 months ago. As it is the anniversary of a year of not paying it spurred me to have a look how these fathers get out of paying maintenance!

It took me 3 minutes to find an internet site where a father asks

What is the best way to get out of paying CSA?

The first response....

kill her

Two simple words...first response!

there were several others saying to kill the mother too, one saying 'it's the only way!'

sad

I thought my ex was a rather unique Psychopathic Narcissist who left petrol bomb warnings and kicking my door in when he received a court letter or anything! I was wrong! I am so not alone and so sad this is the easy way for some sick bastards to get out of paying for their children!

Wonder if the deadbeat who wrote kill her was my ex?

trustissues75 Wed 02-Jan-13 12:51:10

Bloody phone...

Puts dc on plane to states, lie to judge saying rp kidnapped child and apply for full custody and removal if child to united states thus terrifying the hell out of abandoned patent who has no money to fight...job done.

trustissues75 Wed 02-Jan-13 11:52:03

Quit your job, move to America, refuse to pay maintenance until RP puts dc

trustissues75 Wed 02-Jan-13 11:50:57

Easy

InNeedOfBrandyButter Fri 14-Dec-12 19:12:47

iwantanafternoonnap contact the army with his sull name, regiment and number if you have it. They should sort it out for you and pay you direct before paying him.

CatchingMockingbirds Fri 14-Dec-12 18:55:39

Sounds like my ex angry

iwantanafternoonnap Fri 14-Dec-12 18:08:39

catching that is what I thought but the CSA said I have to request to have it recalculated every year and to do it in August when he has to give the last 3 months so all three show on it. Which will be a pain but worth it even for a few pennies as it will annoy him no end...yep still a tad bitter that he has walked away and only gives what he has too while always boasting about holidays on facebook (one mutual friend on facebook) He is on his 4th 5* holiday this year and that doesn't include the weekends away!!

However, I know no amount of holidays can really make up for losing out on your childs life and one day it will bite him in the fecking arse and it'll be too late to come back into DS life.

CheungFun Fri 14-Dec-12 17:42:16

It is totally depressing :-( my Dad used to claim benefits and work on the side so he never paid a pennies maintenance. Arsehole!

CatchingMockingbirds Fri 14-Dec-12 17:40:07

If it comes off his wages then wouldn't it just automatically be increased with his wage increase?

iwantanafternoonnap Fri 14-Dec-12 15:32:54

Does anyone know if they manage to get hold of people if you don't know their address, phone number or email? My ex is in the Army and I don't know where he lives but do know that he gets a pay rise every year and so I want to make sure I get an increase to. I know I am lucky to get anything and it now comes straight out of his wages as he kept messing about but I want to annoy him by getting it increased when his pay goes up every year.

BluebellBangles Fri 14-Dec-12 11:43:54

Ignore all letters and phone calls, and when they eventually track you down (or your ex manages to track you down and inform the CSA as you post all your work details on Facebook hmm) and contact your employer you simply need to just quit your job and either sign on for a while or work somewhere else and the cycle starts all over again.

kittycat68 Thu 13-Dec-12 15:36:20

my ex bought a gift for two of the children but not the third (all his kids) last year for xmas cant wait to see what happens this year (not!)!!

Lookingatclaus Thu 13-Dec-12 13:37:38

I have an ex like mampam's too. He refuses to pay maintenance, and even refused to get dd some Calpol the other night claiming he didn't have £3 for it. She's getting a Kindle for Christmas though hmm. Still, I'm grateful that she is at least getting a gift from him this year as she hasn't for 2 years or for her birthday this year.

Ok sanityseeker I see. Thats bloody shocking shock. Have you thought about some sort of claim for interest while they were witholding your money? Just a thought.
I'm no fan of the CSA btw, took me over ten years to get a penny for dd via the CSA. To be fair I never actively persued it for years, but still a bit rubbish on their part nonetheless. Still took nearly two years when I did persue it and that was phoning all the time, providing them with info re addresses and employer etc. I knew that he had a decent job with a large national by then though and the attachment of earnings order has so far been working for over a year now.

Bertie its shit isn't it? I have a friend who's ex works for his family firm. They are part of the ruse to pretend he earns bugger all and shaft his own children

Basically an NRP can duck and dive for years on end if they feel like it. I have been told that arrears never disappear though, so its worth keeping claims open in the hope that one day it catches up with them. I read a thread on MSE site once where a lady was receiving hefty maintenance payments for children that were well into their twenties by that time! Iirc she was using the money to buy frivolous luxuries and the like as a big up yours to the Ex paying it grin

sanityseeker75 Thu 13-Dec-12 13:02:51

MissKeithLemon I agree that this does happen but in the end the CSA admitted it was because I was on manual payment system and that basically meant that someone had to actually sit there and see if payment came in the physically pay out to me and they admitted they did not have resources to do this and that is why I hadn't had money.

On a separate note my DH pays CSA to his ex and they phoned us whilst on holiday with the kids saying that they hadn't received payment and if we did not give bank details there and then they would put him on attachment of earnings - he had always paid by standing order and then because he gave details he ended up making two payments and they refused to pay back over payment. I know some people will go to any lengths to not pay and I find this shocking but CSA are also guilty of not being completely honest also sad

BertieBotts Thu 13-Dec-12 11:34:45

Nice. That's a chilling thought isn't it? shock

sanityseeker in an old job I had, the company deducted the csa attachment from a non-compliant nrp but never paid it over to CSA (along with not paying employees tax & ni deductions either). The company eventually went bust and I doubt the poor woman who the csa was meant for ever saw a penny sad as it was never paid to CSA though I think it will remain as arrears.
The CSA don't 'pay' anything themselves (and nor should they) they simply hand over payments received from nrps. It takes the NRP and/or the Employer to comply for the system to work. Ther are many many employers also, who are only too willing to help the NRPs avoid making the payments. Utter twats.

Helpforyou1 Thu 13-Dec-12 10:22:29

It should be simple..

50/50 starting point (like in Denmark ) therefore no CSA liability form neither parent… also all the benefits should be split between the parents..

Now if you don’t or can’t deliver 50% of the time, you should pay CSA to the other parent to “cover” the days you are not caring for your son..

kittycat68 Thu 13-Dec-12 09:21:43

fathers that dont pay child support are not fathers they are sperm donors in my book. Makes me sick how a father can take a mother to court continually for more contact residence orders prohibited steps orders etc claiming to only care about the childs best interests and how much they love them yet refuse to pay child support or rearrrange there finaces in order to only pay a few pounds a week.
Its an absolute disgrace. fathers for justice and the like should be ashamed of themselves for all the free solicitors they give to parents like these.

not all nrp do not pay... my exp paid over half his wage for his 3 dc from a prev relationship...but his xp was a complete nutter...with holding contact saying he had not paid her enough money and the dc wanted to punish daddy for leaving and not paying when he did... its not all 1 sided believe me. and now the git being an arse to me and my 2 dd...que sera sera ill provide for our dd instead x

grumpyinthemornings Mon 03-Dec-12 12:05:06

mampam, I have a similar situation, XP has a full-time job, his own house, can afford all sorts of fancy xmas and birthday presents for DS, plus running his car. Does he pay maintenance? Does he bollocks...

Bluepenny Mon 03-Dec-12 09:49:16

Should add in the moving abroad one too - I've just become another statistic of not receiving CM due to that.

mampam Fri 30-Nov-12 13:08:53

Yes my ex has gone down the self employed route and apparently earns less than £5 per week.

What annoys me most is that exh and his wife are minted. They have 2 dcs together (which he obviously can afford) his wife has got an extremely well paid job that comes with a house and all bills are inclusive, they also have their own house which they rent out.
And just to add insult to injury he always manages to buy DC's an expensive present at Christmas but he can't possibly afford to pay a penny towards the important stuff like school uniforms, shoes etc angry

sanityseeker75 Mon 26-Nov-12 14:59:04

My EX P was paying the CSA through an attachment of earnings order and it took 4 years to pass those payments on to me because it was a manual payments system. They told me he wasn't paying but I saw the wage slips with deductions and his company showed me their payments to him. Then it was ok for about a year and started again this year 4 months no payment. I ended u offering him £15 a month deduction to pay straight in my bank and told CSA to shove it. They lie!

SoftKittyWarmKitty Sun 25-Nov-12 21:45:17

My ex has used a combination of QueenofFarkingEverything and Snorbs methods. They seem to have worked a treat. For him.

maristella Sun 25-Nov-12 20:28:20

Oooh I have one: claim benefits and do work overseas angry It's worked a treat for wankstain XP

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now