if you're in Australia...

(14 Posts)
3amagain Thu 04-Jul-13 09:18:59

I thought the latest Coles TV ad was better too, more like a British ad though can't really explain why - higher production values, thought in it?

chloeb2002 Wed 03-Jul-13 21:40:24

Yes it is progressing... We are about to get Costco! That will bring in competition!!!! Woo hoop

echt Wed 03-Jul-13 12:20:06

My God it has SO moved on. Was in Woollies today and there was a whole chiller cabinet of ready meals. Unheard of. To be fair I never ate them in the UK, so unlikely to start now, but the limited range was very well-chosen.

Also completely arrested by a huge pile of cheap mince pies.

Then I remembered Christmas in July. grin

chloeb2002 Wed 03-Jul-13 11:37:11

Bizarre mossman! Tescos have land all over the world, but as far as I know ... And a good tesco source .... No plans to invade aus yet. No idea why a truck would be here. The Coles link is an ex employee of tesco.. I am happy that they now sell clothes and more uk foods in Coles. But sad in some ways as I quite like the simplicity of woollies Iga and Coles. Less temptation! Still most our shopping is done at the fruit barn, butchers and top ups at the super market wink

Mosman Tue 02-Jul-13 16:01:01

I saw a tescos lorry at linfox's depot in Perth about six months ago.

thumbolina Tue 02-Jul-13 11:26:43

We live in Sydney just moved from UK (Surrey) and discovered IGA supermarkets are really nice! Good selection of premium brands and good quality.

chloeb2002 Sat 22-Jun-13 20:40:00

It's sad they do more ready meals.. Not a fan of that! But love the clothes! Prices are more competitive here with woollies now (Brisbane).. Coles has for some time been the more expensive option... I love they sell mars ice cream bars! grin

esselle Sat 22-Jun-13 04:32:16

A new Coles has opened near me and it is selling clothes too. Plus the bakery and butchers, it is getting very Tescoish. They just need to get a chemist and move the booze over from next door!

I have noticed the range of ready meals has suddenly grown too.

chloeb2002 Sat 22-Jun-13 03:53:57

They are also getting more savy at product position. Gone are the days that the cheapest version is at eye level!

echt Fri 21-Jun-13 19:10:45

Have they all gone for the big red warehouse look as well? I rarely shop in Coles because it's not convenient, but thought the re-design made it look cheap and garish. Beside the point I know.

moremintsliceplease Fri 21-Jun-13 12:50:20

Only one variety, it was v expensive can't remember how much though smile ha ha yes yes to the ready meals - we've only just got cut up snack mango etc in our woollies dreaming of m and s food :-)

SeymoreButts Fri 21-Jun-13 11:38:35

I didn't know you could buy Dorset cereals! How much? I bet they're at least $10!

I had a Coles shop delivered yesterday and the driver handed me 2 ready meals. He explained they were a free sample, you just put them in the microwave and then eat them. He looked amazed. I can feel an obesity epidemic coming on....

shellybr Fri 21-Jun-13 09:22:09

Head honcho at Coles used to work for Tesco.

moremintsliceplease Fri 21-Jun-13 06:43:00

Have you noticed Coles seems to be turning into Tesco? Just did a double take when I saw some Coles Finest packaging.

Not complaining, rather pleased can buy Dorset cereals smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now