Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

My dads really ill.

(4 Posts)
VivaLeThrustBadger Mon 16-Sep-13 21:29:00

He's got lymphoma and is currently waiting to start a stem cell transplant.

Got taken in to hospital on Saturday as he was feeling so unwell. I saw him then and mentally he was fine. Then by Sunday he didn't know who anyone was.

They've ruled out a uti and want him to have an urgent brain scan. Could a brain tumour cause mental/memory problems so quickly?

VivaLeThrustBadger Mon 16-Sep-13 23:37:09

And 12yo dd wants to go and see him with me tomorrow. Is that a good idea or not? I'm worried she'll find it upsetting but if he doesn't get better..........she won't see him again ever.

peppapigmustdie Mon 16-Sep-13 23:42:23

Yes, a tumour can cause this sort of behaviour, dependant on where on the Brain it is. I personally would take dd after an explaining that Grandad was very poorly and might not recognise her. She is old enough to understand. I hope the outcome is positive for you all.

VivaLeThrustBadger Tue 17-Sep-13 06:17:00

Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now