Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

MS symptoms getting better since coming off Citalopram

(2 Posts)
Stopputtingitoff Fri 02-Aug-13 19:30:27

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else? I was diagnosed with MS in 2005 but was pretty much symptom free until I had DS in 2011 ( was diagnosed after a couple of incidences of pins and needles in my foot and lesions were found on MRI Scan). I suffered from PND and was prescibed Citalopram and stayed on it until the beginning of July as am now trying to get pregnant again. In the past couple of years my MS symptoms have got worse - dropped foot, unable to walk for more than 10 minutes. However since coming off Citalopram my symptoms have got a lot better. It is probably just a coincidence but I just wondered if anyone else has experienced something similar?

moodyblue Mon 05-Aug-13 22:19:02

Hi, I've not experienced this but it's interesting! I've only recently been diagnosed with ms but the neurologist thinks I've had it at least 5 years. I was on citalopram during that time but didn't notice anything - probably because I didn't know I had ms so wasn't looking for links! Hope you continue to feel better smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now