Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Stakeholder (?) Pension

(3 Posts)
mrsmalcolmreynolds Tue 22-Oct-13 19:58:46

You'll also need to contact the NHSPS to see what they allow in terms of transfers in as not all schemes accept them and the rules vary as to what sorr of benefits you can "buy" with money moved from another scheme.

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 22-Oct-13 07:36:58

You can usually transfer your old pension into a new scheme for an administration fee. Cashing it in would probably not be possible. Best to talk to Aviva and see what ideas they have.

crazymama1 Mon 21-Oct-13 11:42:59

Hi, after some advice please – I had a stakeholder pension when I was younger with Norwich union (now Aviva) I haven’t paid anything into it for many years so it’s just a s small amount of money (less than £2000) I have been paying into my NHS pension for nearly 11 years now and intend to carry on doing so for as long as I can 

My Question is, this stakeholder pension – can I transfer it to this one or cash it in and put it into a ISA or something? As it’s not doing anything for me just sitting there and as I get older I am likely to forget about this (like I do now until I get a yearly statement from Aviva) and I am sure the amount has gone down since last year.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now