Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Giving away baby things...

(2 Posts)
LIZS Tue 27-Aug-13 11:16:43

WRVS, Red Cross, Homestart. Children's centre may know of a local charity or refuge

SmileAndPeopleSmileWithYou Tue 27-Aug-13 11:14:16

I don't know if I am posting in the right place here so apologies if not.

I have an 8 month old DS and obviously he is growing out of clothes/toys/general baby stuff very fast. I know lots of people sell things on or give to charity shops, however I would really like to just give stuff to a family that could really do with the help.

There must be people out there who are having to look through charity shops for a lot of their baby things because they can't afford to buy new and are generally struggling to get by. Surely it would really help them out to get it for nothing and to use that money to pay the bills etc?

I don't really know how to go about this or if it is something people think would be good.
The alternative I thought of was to try to find a women's refuge or something to give stuff to them.

Thoughts please?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now