Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Income tax returns from 07/08 and 08/09

(2 Posts)
RedHelenB Wed 26-Jun-13 19:14:35

Doesn't sound like you accountant is much cop by sticking their head in the sand!If the return is done why on earth hasn't it been submitted?

Sonaive Wed 26-Jun-13 13:24:27

Backstory: I used to earn a decent amount, I was terrible with money though. I'm much better with money now and I have a good chartered accountant.

The above returns haven't been submitted, the 08/09 one has been done but not submitted. The accountant said to "let them lie" and if HMRC hadn't asked for them by April 5th this year then they can't ask for them.

This I've done, I've got £1800 outstanding to pay from 2006/07 and I rang up today to let them know I intend to pay and they queried them.

I've told my accountant, they will email me back but I'm so worried. We are buying a house (dh and I) and I'm frightened HMRC will repossess it. We are buying with a 95% mortgage. If we don't buy though dh will be too old to get a mortgage and then we are stuck renting forever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now