Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Dwell in administration - please help me recover my money

(8 Posts)
mosaica Wed 26-Jun-13 14:04:44

Thank you, everybody, I have already contacted my bank to ask for a chargeback. I will also try what cooper44 suggests, fingers crossed. What a horrible situation to be in.

cooper44 Tue 25-Jun-13 21:42:36

hi there - just saw this in the telegraph in case you don't have any joy with the bank -

John Whitfield, joint administrator, stated: “We are aware that there are a large number of customers who have placed orders with the company and have already paid deposits. Those customers who have bought goods and have outstanding orders should contact their card issuer in the first instance.
"Other customers who have not paid by credit card will be unsecured creditors and should notify Duff & Phelps in writing at its Birmingham office.”

mosaica Tue 25-Jun-13 13:06:42

Thanks, Rockchick! Yes, it was Visa debit, will give the letter a go!

Rockchick1984 Tue 25-Jun-13 12:03:02
Rockchick1984 Tue 25-Jun-13 12:01:59

Was it visa debit? If so then you should be fine, not sure about maestro.

mosaica Tue 25-Jun-13 11:53:35

Thanks. I used a debit card, though - would they still consider a chargeback? It's worth trying, I suppose.

Rockchick1984 Tue 25-Jun-13 11:51:17

Contact your bank and explain the situation to them, they may be able to do a chargeback on the money.

mosaica Tue 25-Jun-13 11:22:29

I bought two sofas from Dwell about three weeks ago. I then decided to return them, so they were collected from my house and a few days later I got a call from someone who made a refund into my debit card. She said the money would show in three days or so. The money never got paid in. What can I do about it? I paid around £1,100, which is a lot of money for me. Please help.

I have posted this on the chat section too for maximum exposure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now