Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Help with maternity allowance

(7 Posts)
Fuckwittery Fri 26-Apr-13 03:25:03

There must be something you can do even if its only a couple of hours a week - cleaning?

RedHelenB Thu 25-Apr-13 07:21:22

Well you wouldn't be entitled to MA then. I don't think aetting up on your own would be enough - sorry! Can't you get 1 day a week work from the agency?

meaning Sun 21-Apr-13 14:33:26

Like i say before i work for agency sometimes there is work sometimes there is no work, since the begining of the 66weeks to date i have only work 18weeks.

lougle Sun 21-Apr-13 08:54:12

meaning, so are you saying that you hadn't worked for the 40 weeks prior to finding out you were pregnant?

meaning Sun 21-Apr-13 08:27:33

Thanks Rockchick1984, Yes I know it any 26weeks out of the 66 weeks before my due date and it dont have to be 26 consecutive weeks, but I don't know if I should go through registration as self employ just because of 8weeks. And it will be difficult for me to be applying for new jobs now because of how far my pregnancy is. That's why I need advice on what to do.

Rockchick1984 Sat 20-Apr-13 19:03:15

Are you aware that it can be any 26 weeks out of the 66 weeks prior to your due date (so over a year)? It doesn't have to be 26 consecutive weeks.

If you wanted to register as self employed you can do, see here for what to do.

meaning Sat 20-Apr-13 12:40:49

Hi, please any advice on what to do,
I am working for agency sometimes there is work sometimes no work. I have already worked full time for 18weeks of the 26week i need to be able to apply for maternity allowance but the agency dont have job now and i am already 5month in my pregnancy. I only need 8weeks work, a friend said i should do self employed working from home on my own earning £50 a week but how can the tax be deducted to qualify me as working.
Anyone with any advice please i need help. THANK YOU.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now