Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Capquest debt collectors

(10 Posts)
maigwa Thu 25-Apr-13 14:42:51

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

ALittleBitOfMagic Wed 17-Apr-13 17:37:25

We tried calling the bank to ask them about it but they said they couldn't help him because he didn't know his account number (for an account he hasn't had in 3 years hmm)

keli5325 Wed 17-Apr-13 17:28:13

You can call them and at the start of the call say " This call does not acknowledge this debt in any way" the call will be recorded so you should phone and ask them how the money is allegedly owed

ginmakesitallok Wed 17-Apr-13 16:06:51

If you are sure dp doesn't owe money then ignore them.

UnChartered Wed 17-Apr-13 15:59:43

companies like that are chancers

they send letters to people without the correct details, preying on fear and paranoia

if you are sure your DHs credit scoring is clear, ignore and let them crawl back into the hole they came out of

ALittleBitOfMagic Wed 17-Apr-13 15:36:54

We didn't contact them because it said on the forums once you contact them you are acknowledging the debt an become liable for it even if it's not yours .

We are in Scotland I know the law is different here .

Dh has only had one current account with this particular bank and he closed it a few years ago when we got married and opened a joint account .

UnChartered Wed 17-Apr-13 11:43:14

i'd go with DHs credit file and ignore

capquest are at best, loan sharks

at worst, well, you've seen the other forums.

ShowMeTheYoni Wed 17-Apr-13 11:42:55

Capquest are a real debt collectors. Don't acknowledge the debt in any way until you know it is actually yours.

Iwantmybed Wed 17-Apr-13 11:40:59

I haven't heard of them but I'd contact them requesting further details of the alleged debt. If they are claiming it is then they must have proof or details of the bank who can advise you further. Can you call them, expressing your confusion of receiving this communication?

ALittleBitOfMagic Wed 17-Apr-13 11:36:39

Capquest have been sending dh letters telling him he owes the bank money . I looked them up and loads of forums said they weren't legit . We checked DHs credit file on experian and there is no debt to the bank showing on it . Does this mean capquest are legit and the debt is real and just isn't showing on experian ? What will happen if they do come to our door ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now