Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Tax credits dropping the amount each week why!?

(7 Posts)
IRCL Thu 18-Apr-13 12:05:36

Have you checked your award notice? At the end it usually tells you your provisional payments from April 13 - 14.

MisselthwaiteManor Wed 17-Apr-13 18:35:56

This has been happening to our working tax credits, no idea why.

I was allowed to change my tax credits to weekly as my previous childminder wanted to be paid weekly. I am a lone patent, working but on a low income so I get a little bit of working tax credit. I did ask could my child benefit also be paid weekly but was told no - they said only if I were not working. Law unto themselves!!

noisytoys Wed 17-Apr-13 13:51:50

We get our child tax every 4 weeks but ours went down too last payment everyone I know who claims tax credits have gone down

emz0909 Wed 17-Apr-13 10:24:46

You can choose either weekly or monthly with child tax.
I get child benefit monthly as I work so can't have that weekly x

CogitoErgoSometimes Wed 17-Apr-13 09:02:55

I thought tax credits were paid monthly? Sounds like they are making a phased adjustment. Best to call.

emz0909 Wed 17-Apr-13 07:23:32

Just a quick one.. For the past 3 weeks child tax are paying me different amounts getting lower each week. I rang up a few months ago letting them no about partners pay rise and they sent a letter adjusting payments. Fine.
But why do they keep getting lower. Last week is 36 this week is 33?
Anyone shed some light will ring them later when I get back from work
Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now