Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Can I correct my credit rating?

(3 Posts)
lougle Sun 14-Apr-13 13:32:48

Council tax doesn't show on credit rating. Utilities will. Noodle is free and will show you what is affecting your rating.

nextphase Sun 14-Apr-13 13:22:15

Think you can put a notice on your record explaining what went on - remember to do it for all 3 (?I think) credit agencies.

extracrunchy Sun 14-Apr-13 10:45:35

Just discovered my credit rating is shocking, and had a whole series of bills last year (including council tax) we were chased for that were actually the responsibility of the tenant after us in our flat (who never updated anyone with any of his details and never paid anything). Bailiffs turned up at our new flat and stuff...
Assume that's what's caused this, so given it's not our fault, how do I fix it???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now