Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

dh earns 22000 a year means 1300 per month in hand - no prospects to improve his salary - diffcult to accept

(77 Posts)
Hotpotatofood Mon 08-Apr-13 09:24:22

we have small 2 kids. dh about 40 works full time; leaving home at 7.00 and coming back 5.00 pm. bringing 1300 monthly into bank account. I earn more and generally believe in career development, but with my dh this has been the same of 8 years and i do not see any motivation in him to improve. can someone point me into the right direction - how can I accept that HE does not want to improve his development and salary and he is going to stay for another 25 years in the same job. I do not see it changing and find it hard to accept

noddyholder Wed 10-Apr-13 16:50:21

If you earn more what is the issue?

M25Meltdown Wed 10-Apr-13 17:03:58

Can I just say, money goes further outside of the London and the Home Counties, so whilst £1,300 is a good salary in some parts of the country,it won't go very far in other parts of the country.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now