Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Changing bank

(7 Posts)
zwischenzug Sun 17-Mar-13 07:28:40

I recently changed over to first direct. Not had any problems to report really. Plus the £100 you get for changing over is good!

CogitoErgoSometimes Sun 17-Mar-13 06:14:53

What kind of bank account is it that you have to pay for? I have several accounts with them... all free.

ChablisLover Sat 16-Mar-13 14:46:59

Cogito - that's who I want to change from

They are changing the terms and conditions from may and I'd rather not pay for a bank account anymore.

CogitoErgoSometimes Sat 16-Mar-13 08:41:14

I'm with Halifax. They paid me to transfer my current account, managed all the direct debit transfers far better than I expected, charge me nothing and give me a fiver a month into the bargain...

chickensaladagain Sat 16-Mar-13 00:10:25

I use first direct

Human beings on the end of the phone, no robots!

Really good customer service -very straight forward to set up dd etc

I also find the website very easy to use

CrystalQueen Fri 15-Mar-13 23:56:45

I changed to first Direct after RBS stole the country's money. It was really easy - they sorted out all my direct debits and stuff. When you phone them there's none of the "press 1 for xxx". You can pay in cash at HSBC.

ChablisLover Fri 15-Mar-13 20:14:33

I'm looking to change current account as I am fed up with changing terms and conditions and paying for an account to get what I need.

Am looking at first direct.

Anyone had any experience of them? Is I hard to change account?

I have savings and kids accounts in my current bank. Would like to keep them as interest rates are quite good. Pity they keep messing with the current account.

Or would it be better to stay put?

Oh it's all so confusing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now